Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new shuuz!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BKLA
gas burner style four lug with new toyo 185/55 15

I like them! I was originally thinking chrome steelies w/ caps, but when I saw that empi had a repop gas burner, I looked into those. unfortunately the empi's have a taper seat and I have long studs with ball seats.

then I found that CPI had similar wheels with ball seats - yea!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

a bit dark.... damn overcast!!!

BKLA
one more try

Click to view attachment
mittelmotor
Looks great! When I saw the first pic of the wheels I didn't like the black centers, but they work really well on a white car.
914Sixer
I like them. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Sweet, and cheeeep...I think that's the best aftermarket wheel out there..aesthetic wise..

Here are my centercaps for my cip1 6.5 wide mahelstations
I have hours of massaging mine to correct them.
BKLA
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 26 2013, 07:23 PM) *

Sweet, and cheeeep...

here are my centercaps for my cip1 6.5 wide mahelstations

I likely! Those widened wheels are sweet!

I had a set of enameled center caps in my stash. The blacks don't match, but they are better than the fake chrome crests that I bought with the wheels. Btw thanks for the lead on CP1!!! I think they look good on Nates old 914.
euro911
Do they offer the correct offset for 914s? ... or they standard VW?

Looks nice thumb3d.gif
sixnotfour
4.5 backspace
CCE
QUOTE(BKLA @ Jan 26 2013, 05:34 PM) *

gas burner style four lug with new toyo 185/55 15

I like them! I was originally thinking chrome steelies w/ caps, but when I saw that empi had a repop gas burner, I looked into those. unfortunately the empi's have a taper seat and I have long studs with ball seats.

then I found that CPI had similar wheels with ball seats - yea!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

a bit dark.... damn overcast!!!

Hello! What is the “taper seat? I am thinking on setting up a set of empi’s my car has a standard 74 914, 2.0 4 stud setup. Will the empi wheels fit?, thanks..
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Tapered seat is also known as a conical seat (cone shaped). 914's use a ball seat
Jett
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 26 2013, 08:23 PM) *

Sweet, and cheeeep...I think that's the best aftermarket wheel out there..aesthetic wise..

Here are my centercaps for my cip1 6.5 wide mahelstations
I have hours of massaging mine to correct them.

I have never seen those caps before… have a set of the five lugs that have porsche caps, but your are much cooler smile.gif
CCE
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 10 2022, 06:57 AM) *

Tapered seat is also known as a conical seat (cone shaped). 914's use a ball seat

Thanks!

Another question! What dimension tyres are shown un the first picture?
gereed75
Those are sweet!! Love the sort of three color monochrome look of Ivory White with everything else black and silver - classic!
Shivers
QUOTE(CCE @ Jul 12 2022, 07:51 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 10 2022, 06:57 AM) *

Thanks!

Another question! What dimension tyres are shown un the first picture?

It says " new toyo 185/55 15"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.