Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grage floors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
I know the topics been covered and I really dont want to just paint the garage floor. How about pouring down a nice layer of terrazzo? I figure layer a coat of level-ite over it then a layer of terrazzo. I dont think heat lift would be a problem like most paints. Just not sure...

Thoughts?

Mike D.
rick 918-S
I love that idea! I always thought it would be cool to convert an old bank or big old office building into a euro car repair shop complete with the terrozo floors. I wonder how well it would hold up to driving weight.
azbill
Terrazo would hold up ok it's the structure below. If the you have a 6" concrete slab with 6x6/10x10 mesh and rebar at the car entry area it will hold. The problem with terrazo is that it is very slippry with any kind of liquids. Also marble will obsorbe oil you cann't get the stain out.
Azbill
Bleyseng
ITs very expensive due to the grinding to make it flat. Its only 1/2" thick and a mix of sand,cement and quartz chunks. They pour the mix over the subfloor and after it drys grind it in 3 stages with a honing in the end. You can seal it glossy or flat.

I have terrazo countertops in my kitchen.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.