Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Mark Henry
Dr. Evil's tranny clinic in Canada, part deux
June 15-16, 2013

Tuition is $300 USD if sent via paypal then to (make my 914 go) without the spaces at yahoo.com. Make sure to put your screen name in the message so Dr. Evil knows who you are.
Gasket set $40 USD delivered, clinic only price.

I will be again hosting the event, my place is less than 1 hour east of Toronto, Ontario.
If you missed this last time, mark it on your calenders now and don't cry to me that it's too short of notice. smile.gif

If you want your 914, 901, 902 or early 911 code (still a 901) transmission rebuilt to like new condition for cheap this is the event for you. This is a DIY clinic where the good doctor teaches and oversees your work to make sure you do it correctly. I don't think his price has changed, so look at past clinics (I'll post this soon here), IIRC a gasket set was $50 $40 USD delivered and he has low cost SS hardware with him or you can reuse your old stuff.
If you have 2 core transmissions you can often make one good one, but the Doc has a selection good used parts with him at excellent prices. Also members swap/sell parts to each other. Everyone goes home with a fully rebuilt tranny.

For those that stay overnight there is the partaking of vast quantities of your favourite beverage and all the Docs BS is quite entertaining laugh.gif Since it's June we will might have a campfire, etc.
There is lots of room to pitch a tent, tent trailer or even a full blown RV.
Only one space in the house and that's reserved for Dr.Evil
I have a tent trailer I can set up. and an old westfailia that we use as a summer room for guests. It will be first dibs on those.
There are also a few B&B's and a hotel not that far away.

For pic's of the campground see page 16 of this thread. bye1.gif

June 15-16

I'd like everyone who will be participating in the clinic to chime in And let me know if you are a participant or a spectator. Spectators are free but you will get stuck with the cooking and go fetch it jobs.
We need a volunteer to bring a gas BBQ.
Most likely balljoint and MGD will be providing the entertainment with their rendition of Doug and Bob McKenzie.

Peteyd from Restoration Design will be there and most likely Mike from mikes914 as well and I believe Mr Hyde said he will be attending.

Update!

We really only have room for 20 students so get you name in ASAP. I don't know when Dr. Evil will ever be able to do this again...some day they may make him get serious about his real job shades.gif

Officially on the list:

Peteyd (Pete),paid, special tool + 2 seal kits plus 911 friend?
Jon H (Jon) paid, used slider
Cool914 (Greg) paid, 2 seal kits
MrHyde (Mike)paid, good used 1st gear slider
MDG (Mike) paid + 2 seal kits, new 1st gear slider
Balljoint (Dave) paid + seal kit
boiledcabbage (Richard) paid + seal kit
Ian Stott paid + seal kit
Olin paid + seal kit
want to be a GT1 Paid + seal kit
spsader (Paul) paid, seal kit, O X H gears
Dinobx (Dino) paid + seal kit
Jamesgordoncarruthers
Cool914
Count me in!
Greg
Jon H.
Well Greg, then we should car pool and drive my Westfalia down and we will have somewhere to sleep too! I'm in.
MrHyde
Yes I'm in.. Can't wait ! Maybe I'll even have a motor waiting for the trans by then.. ( doubt it but maybe )

Mark Henry
Very cool guys and I know peteyd from Restoration Design is in as well.
We have 4 paying participants already so things are looking good for this. biggrin.gif

BTW if anyone needs anything from Restoration Design let Pete know and I`m sure he would bring it to the clinic for you.
MDG
In. I may need to do both my transmissions . . . idea.gif
Dr Evil
You can build as many as you can for one low price smile.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2013, 10:39 PM) *

WTF.gif

. . . I thought YOU built them while we sat around and drank?
boiledcabbage
Count me in please as a participant for the clinic - sounds like a great way to meet people with the same illness - and the doctor who, interestingly, will be there not to cure but to make sure it gets worse....

Richard

balljoint
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 27 2013, 11:06 PM) *

WTF.gif

That is true but for one thing.

Evil drinks too.
balljoint
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 27 2013, 11:27 PM) *

WTF.gif

Evil drinks too.

And he's naked most of the time.

blink.gif

What? I've been to one of these. Have you?
Mark Henry
That's six so we will easily have the good doctors minimum paying victims.
Peteyd (Pete)
Jon H (Jon)
Cool914 (Greg)
MrHyde (Mike)
MDG (Mike)
boiledcabbage (Richard)

Dr.Evil will there be a cut off? You know the size of my shop.
I don't really need one done unless the Doc wants me to pop open one to re-gear for my 3.0 six.

walterolin
I'm in!

PM sent to the Doc.

I can bring a 1.75 of Elijah Craig 12 and a Martin HD28. (Can't play for s..., but I'll bring the guitar).

Olin
Mark Henry

Doc and Olin

Make sure you have your ID in order before crossing the border, the big issue is not getting into canada it's getting back home. I'd figure this out now as opposed to do it at the last moment

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/c...ry_requirements
ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: For temporary visits to Canada for less than 180 days, a visa is not required for U.S. citizens in most cases. For information on entering Canada for any purpose other than a visit (e.g. to work, study or immigrate), contact the Canadian Embassy or nearest consulate and consult the Canadian immigration website.

Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law. Please see the CBSA’s website for details. Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card (see below) satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens.

Please Note: Anyone with a criminal record (including misdemeanors or alcohol-related driving offenses) may not be able to enter Canada without first obtaining a special waiver well in advance of any planned travel. To determine whether you may be inadmissible and how to overcome this finding, please refer to the Canadian citizenship and immigration website.

For further information on entry requirements, travelers may contact the Canadian Embassy at 501 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington DC 20001, tel. (202) 682-1740; or the Canadian consulates in Atlanta, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, San Juan or Seattle.

Travel Documents: Both the U.S. and Canadian governments urge frequent travelers to join the NEXUS trusted traveler program. NEXUS members receive a special travel card that allows expedited border crossings for both private and commercial travelers through both U.S. and Canadian border controls.

If a U.S. citizen traveling to Canada does not have a passport, passport card, or approved alternate document such as a NEXUS card, they must show a government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License) and proof of U.S. citizenship such as a U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or expired U.S. passport. Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship. (Please see below for important information concerning re-entry into the United States.)

U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid U.S. passport.

When returning to the United States from Canada, it is very important to note that all U.S. citizens are required to present a valid U.S. passport to enter or re-enter the United States via air. For entry into the United States via land and sea borders, U.S. citizens must present either a U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License, or other Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant document. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate (original, photocopy or certified copy), Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or naturalization certificate.

WHTI: U.S. citizen travelers are urged to obtain WHTI-compliant documents well in advance of their planned travel to Canada. For the most recent information on WHTI and WHTI-compliant documents, please see the U.S. Department of State’s WHTI website. One of the WHTI-compliant documents for crossing the land border is the U.S. Passport Card. The card may not be used to travel by air and is available only to U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens can visit the U.S. Department of State's website or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on how to apply for their passports.

Olin you will have to talk to Mike. The plan could have changed, but I believe the Doc may be bringing the the wife and young lad and going on a mini vacation while they are here.
john_g
Any plans for a clinic on the northwest coast (B.C., Wash)?
MikeM
I would love to do this but it's too far from Calgary!!!
Mike
Dr Evil
For those of you in other parts of Canada, I am willing to come to you if you can get the numbers to cover the cost, of if you are willing to fly me out, and pay me to do your build wink.gif

Olin, you have to come now. Two great things coming with you smile.gif

I have my passport. It is current and legal wink.gif

The wife and kid will not be attending as of now. They are going to the in-laws for that weekend.

BTW - June 16 is my birthday party.gif

I doubt we can exceed the number that can fit in your shop, Mark. I dont have a cut off for now, but 20 sounds good wink.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(john_g @ Jan 28 2013, 02:15 PM) *

Any plans for a clinic on the northwest coast (B.C., Wash)?

In the vast distances Doc travels Ontario is not really that far away from home. BC would be a trip even if he was on the left coast. Sorry.

But you could send your tranny to have it done by the Doc while he's here, or as a student of his I would do it as well. I would P/U from Greyhound. You can do "stack service" where you only send the transmission stack saving big on shipping.
If interested PM the Doc or myself.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 28 2013, 04:00 PM) *

For those of you in other parts of Canada, I am willing to come to you if you can get the numbers to cover the cost, of if you are willing to fly me out, and pay me to do your build wink.gif

Olin, you have to come now. Two great things coming with you smile.gif

I have my passport. It is current and legal wink.gif

The wife and kid will not be attending as of now. They are going to the in-laws for that weekend.

BTW - June 16 is my birthday party.gif

I doubt we can exceed the number that can fit in your shop, Mark. I dont have a cut off for now, but 20 sounds good wink.gif

So 20 spectators and paying stiffs with the paying having dibs?
I won't be surprised if we have ten students this time.

Twenty sweaty guys working on tranny's in my shop, just doesn't sound right. blink.gif

happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Clothing optional???

As for shipping me your boxes in Canada, particularly the stacks, I can do a few of them in a weekend with help the main time suck of gear stacks is cleaning the parts. With help, I can knock that out. I can teach some spectators on those stacks, too. Good idea, Mark.
MikeM
Seems like shipping the trans might be a good chance for some quality work at a great price.
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 27 2013, 11:48 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 27 2013, 11:27 PM) *

WTF.gif

Evil drinks too.

And he's naked most of the time.

blink.gif
What? I've been to one of these. Have you?

mellow.gif Ah what the hell. Sounds good.

Hey Dave - I'll build one of my transmissions and you can build the other one.

huh.gif

mellow.gif

av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
MDG
Hang on.

Scotty and Zach are coming too, right?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 28 2013, 05:03 PM) *

Hang on.

Scotty and Zach are coming too, right?

IPB Image
walterolin
Starting to wonder what I've got myself into, good thing my old friend Elijah is coming along.
MDG
So the plan is, Dave and I will roll in around noon-ish on saturday, drop off my two trannies for Evil to build, pick up Scotty and Zach and head back to the city.

We should be back sunday afternoon-ish so Scotty and Zach can catch a ride back.

thumb3d.gif

Oh - Doc? Can you make sure my transmissions are wrapped and on skids on sunday? We'll probably be pressed for time by then.

thankyouverymuch!
Dr Evil
Mike, your gear boxes will be full of a questionable substance if left unattended. Be forewarned. mad.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 28 2013, 06:21 PM) *

Mike, your gear boxes will be full of a questionable substance if left unattended. Be forewarned. mad.gif

confused24.gif

Mark's had my 2.0 engine for like a year and a half . . .

God only knows what he's stuck in it. unsure.gif I'm gonna need one of those UV flashlights forensic teams use at crime scenes. icon8.gif
BajaXJ92
In!
Dr Evil
Who the fuck invited Adumb????!!!
balljoint
I would like to be there. I can't promise to be on my best behaviour though.

I would also like to be a paying customer.
MDG
Erc just called. He asked he could come too.

I said no.

Cool914
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Jan 27 2013, 04:07 PM) *

Well Greg, then we should car pool and drive my Westphalia down and we will have somewhere to sleep too! I'm in.

Sounds like a plan.
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 28 2013, 08:46 PM) *

I will be there. I can't promise to be on my best behaviour though.

I will also be a paying customer.

Are you paying for both of mine or just the one you're going to do?
balljoint
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 28 2013, 09:36 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jan 28 2013, 08:46 PM) *

I will be there. I can't promise to be on my best behaviour though.

I will also be a paying customer.

Are you paying for both of mine or just the one you're going to do?

I am paying for the Lime Jello powder and the frozen shrimp.

Evil is looking after installing them in your tranny.

Stay tuned folks, this is going to be fun.
balljoint
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 28 2013, 08:50 PM) *

Erc just called. He asked he could come too.

I said no.

If we don't let Eric come, who is going to wear the Bavarian Barmaid outfit and serve drinks.

confused24.gif
Dr Evil
eRc is in. I decree it!
peteyd
Ok, Im checking in! I'll be there. Like Mark said, if anybody needs fresh metal just let me know.

Are we allowed to invite any 911 guys to do their trannys too?

Pete
Dr Evil
Any 901 family of transmissions are welcome. 911 73 and older, 912 75 and older.
peteyd
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 28 2013, 07:27 PM) *

Any 901 family of transmissions are welcome. 911 73 and older, 912 75 and older.

OK great,

I will let him know.
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 28 2013, 08:31 PM) *

Who the fuck invited Adumb????!!!

huh.gif

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Lloyd Christmas
MDG
Wait . . what?

I thought Woody was going to come too? And if Adam shows up won't that create a paradox in the time space continuum?

On account of them bein' the same person and all . . unsure.gif
Mark Henry
I wonder if Woody walks around going "Giggity". idea.gif
Mark Henry
Bump and who will bring a gas BBQ for the tranny weekend? biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I can start to accept tuition and parts orders now. Getting these in sooner allows me to stock up on parts for the rebuilds. If you are going to be a paying participant, PM me and lets get this party started! smile.gif
balljoint
mellow.gif
Ian Stott
Mark I sent you an e-mail. Hope you can fit me in. I have been waiting for this clinic for quite some time and I'm really looking forward to participating.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 1 2013, 04:27 AM) *

Mark I sent you an e-mail. Hope you can fit me in. I have been waiting for this clinic for quite some time and I'm really looking forward to participating.

Ian Stott
Moncton

Ian I didn't get your email, please PM me here.
You are on the list.

If you are thinking of going to the clinic spaces are filling up fast, so get on the list ASAP. I only have room for about 20 students.
Dr Evil
If you want on the list, I need you to contact me for payment if going as a student smile.gif So far, one in since last PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.