SLITS
I'm here - and there - and here - and there unsure.gif
bernbomb914
I am in for my 2 cents

Bernie finger.gif
SLITS
Ah, I see you have money now Bernie lol2.gif
davep
Up to 38 guests now! That is a lot of curious people.
veedubPORSCHEchris
monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif
Rusty
27 guests.. 98 users. sad.gif
SirAndy
guests, lurkers, you need to LOG IN !!!!

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
McMark
icon_bump.gif
Robert21
finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif
i'am online , come on guys
boosted
Took the advice (thanks) and just registered.

My name is Terry from just south of Baton Rouge.
I own a modded '87 944 turbo and an '87 944 turbo track car project.
Just recently gave my son (16yrs) my "ex" daily driver of 10 years, yep, you
guessed it biggrin.gif , another 1987 Porsche 944, but in this case the car in question
was/is the 16V 'S' version. All of the cars above (and others through the years)
were built from previously salvaged cars for reasons ranging from fire-engine
damage-body damage.

I'm off Sunday with a trailer to pick up my first 914 project....! clap56.gif

Don't know much about them yet, but I'm an auto-tech in the transmission repair biz
and have built many cars from the ground up, so, no worries right...?

The low compression of the 1.8 and 2.0 (don't know which engine is in the car I bought yet blink.gif )
looks prime for turbocharging..... ohmy.gif

Can someone start me off with a bit of info to identify the engine at a glance...?
Been lurking for a few weeks and looked through the engine #'s, but where exactly
is the # located or can I tell immediately from the VIN...?

Thanks,
boosted
Bump....?
GWN7
Hi Boosted and welcome,

at the top of the page is a bar that says 914 info. You will find a list of the engine case numbers there (and other stuff too), but that dosen't really mean much because someone could have rebuilt the engine to bigger specs, but it's a place to start.
beerchug.gif

Oh...the case serial numbers are found on top of the engine......
Bleyseng
2.0l's w/ FI have a throttle body pointing straight up, 1.7's are on the side and 1.8's are Ljet and have a airflow meter on the drivers side. If its carbed then look for 3 bolts on the manifold to heads for 2.0l.
geoff
boosted
Thanks Bleyseng & GWN7.

If I'm correct, the '74 should not have a 1.7....?

I'm assuming that the engine is original since the car has only 52,000 original miles.
Partially burned wire harness but still runs.

Thanks for the tips, I'l have pics soon.
anderssj
OK I'm on board for a minute or two . . . .
slapshot914
Ok, OK, I'm on. Its been a while since I posted. Looks like I missed the party today. Dang. Last time I posted was probably two or three months ago. I forget. Lots has happened. My wife had to go to UCSF to have some brain surgery. Everything went well. Great hospital. Now all we have to do is fight the friggin insurance company. She's doing great. Recovery time was very short which surprised the hell out of all of us. She was able to go back to work 3 weeks ago. A couple more months and hopefully we can start backing her off the meds. They make her a bit goofy. But hey, better than the alternative. Right? Took a short cruise to Catalina and Ensenada last week to celebrate.

Car is back on jack stands. Started with replacing the speedometer cable, then decided to fix the lack of a working horn, then tried to replace the turn signal switch (why didn't someone tell me about the little rubber do-hickey that keeps you from pulling the old switch out untill it is removed, huh?), now I'm trying to figure out why I can't signal a right turn without blowing the fuse. Damn electrics. Now that I'm finally can spend time on the car, winter arrived. Rain and snow the last couple of weeks. So after I figure out the electrics, I'll tackle something else. It is on the jack stands afterall.

I thought I had the only black teener in these parts, but I saw another one a couple of weeks ago going south Carson City on US 395. Anybody we know? Anyway good to be back.
nebreitling
WAAAIT a minute

i was told there were going to be girls at this party!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.