Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay confusion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i can't figure out how to show links. auctioned, his starting bid is $147.95, with 0 bids so far. if you go to his store, the buy it now price is $59.95. he had 29 to move. oem at what seems to be a killer price. to me, the high auction opening bid would turn people away. somebody please explain this to me. oh, i bought one at the store price. free s/h. i hope this works out for me.

kevin
Deano
His listing did exactly what he wanted, got you to look at his store. If someone is dumb enough to buy at that price, great, otherwise it's cheap advertising. <_<
SLITS
Give the item number in your post if you can't do the link thingy!

Uhhhh sorry, I see it in the heading!

You got a deal if you bought it for $59.95 - his price is $154.95 in his store now.
Jeroen
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 12 2004, 06:18 PM)
i can't figure out how to show links.

Just above the text input field, there's a button "http://"
rhodyguy
i try not to be obtuse. read, reply, see, edit biggrin.gif. if he just started at $54.95... why play the game?

kevin
SLITS
Now see if he follows through - he made a typo and left off the 1 to make it $154. He revised his store ad.
rhodyguy
i'll look again and perhaps "contact" him. the "purchase" was made at the $54.95 price, so "that" isn't my problem unsure.gif . this will get me stirred up if the deal goes sideways. this would/could have been my first ebay purchase. the hats don't count.

kevin
rhodyguy
senerio. the seller is lurking here. sees mention of the ad. opens the topic andthen realizes mistake was made in price w00t.gif . did anyone else buy at the low price? who am they?

kevin
SLITS
Well, legally he has to sell it to you - it was his error - but.....................

Hope it works out for you! I would have bought all of them at that price!
rhodyguy
i thought about that too.

kevin
SLITS
No one else got to buy one. I went in to buy them all sad.gif and got zip.
Part Pricer
BTW, this guy isn't stocking anything. I went and looked at his ad and it struck me as very familiar. He is an IMC reseller. He's taking your order, taking the profit and having the goods drop-shipped from IMC.

IPB Image
rhodyguy
not my problem if he doesn't have one on hand. see the other thread.

kevin
anthony
Who is IMC? I didn't think you could get this piece.
rhodyguy
what a tool. return of funds was made to paypal with out me agreeing to the cancelation of the sale. let me see if i can get this straight... the genius has the brilliant idea of "selling" 914 parts. so he sets up an account with IMC, an ebay account, writes a fucked up ad, learns he has sold parts WAY below cost, decides he wants a "do over", and then offers the seal to me at his "cost". i find it hard to believe ebay has a policy of allowing this sort of behavior. i'll give him the "feedback" alright.

kevin
GWN7
Flie a complaint with ebay
seanery
yeah, this is the kinda thing that could get him a suspension.
SLITS
Well, hopefully he is lurking here and this is the statement..............

Bud, if you had any honor or BALLS, you would make the deal, lick your wounds for being a JACKASS and not proof reading your ad. Now, you just made yourself another eBay slimeball that has absolutely no honor.

Uhhhhhhh, my ranting is done..................................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.