Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 Porsche Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
relentless
There is a '71 914 on Ebay and I don't think I have ever seen this color before. I think I have seen a similar color on a 356, and maybe a Karman Ghia.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item35c3d0a2f0

I like it, but is it OEM?
Ferg
No, not oem, black trunks always a giveaway of color change, looks at the brake master cyc pic, you can see the orig blue poking through, or maybe yellow looking at the floorboard pic...
billh1963
Never understood the black trunk deal. I've seen several cars listed over the past couple of years that claim all the paint is original...and then you see the black trunk. If you are going through the trouble to paint it black why not paint it body color?
Chris H.
Nice color. You're right it looks a lot like a VW color from the year. I had a '71 Fasty that color...

I agree, black trunks should be illegal...a lot of times someone does it to make it presentable and sells it to someone else who thinks it is stock that way.
JawjaPorsche
Definitely looks like a VW color but not a 914 color.
914Sixer
Back in the day for an extra $100 you could have any color you wanted. It looks like VW blue but not likely OE paint color
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 28 2013, 07:49 PM) *

Back in the day for an extra $100 you could have any color you wanted. It looks like VW blue but not likely OE paint color

Hmmm, I seem to recall that black or gold (early days) was a $300 option. I'm a whacko, as yiu all know, but if I could have afforded another $300, I would have gone with gold. I was tapped out at $4200. It's been Bahia every since.

But...this car....I'd walk away quickly. On the other haned, how many half solid cars are left? Could be a good resto project for 2K.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.