Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I sent to Pellican for CV bolt lock washers. I think I could have found these at the local hardware store. Are the others not available anymore. Should I trust these?
rick 918-S
Actually, I found schnorr washers at my local Ace hardware store. I would not use those washers they sent but that's just me.
Elliot Cannon
There is an Ace hardware in town. I'll check there tomorrow. Thanks.
ChrisFoley
Bad on Pelican.
I buy Schnorr washers a hundred at a time.
bigkensteele
Mr. Shea has them as well.
dlestep
serrated, black oxide spring washer (Schnorr)
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(dlestep @ Jan 28 2013, 06:30 PM) *

serrated, black oxide spring washer (Schnorr)

That's what I thought I was getting. Looks like I'll be sending them back. happy11.gif
LotusJoe
IPB Image
I would use the proper washer.
toadman
I got mine from Brad Mayeur at 914 LTD.
GeorgeRud
If no luck locally, McMaster Carr is your friend.
McMark
PM me your address. I'll send some out tomorrow.
rhodyguy
elliot, i have a washer bag that came from mcmaster (iirc) for the washers.

100 pack
#93501A030
hardened steel serrated BELLEVILLE washers
5/16" screw sz, .331"id, .512"od, .0280" min thk.

k
A&PGirl
Belleville and Schnorr are actually (2) different washers.

The Schnorr Safety Washer S (registered) is the correct washer to use. They come black, yellow, clear zinc and stainless steel. M8 is 1000/box.

I've contacted Schnorr before and gotten a quote from them.

I am willing buy the washers from Schnorr as business in your choice to get the best pricing.
rhodyguy
whats the dif between the belleville and the schnorr carrie? metric vs sae? they seem to fit the same and have the 'cupping'.
Phoenix-MN
From the Schnorr handbook

The benefi ts
of SCHNORRĀ® Disc Springs
also known as Belleville Springs result in
design engineers continually increasing
preference for them:
1. Load/defl ection curve of straight,
progressive or regressive character,
according to the design requirements.
2. Alteration of spring performance as
desired by the addition or removal of
single discs.
3. Space saving.
4. Largely self-damping, particularly
with parallel stacking, giving good
shock absorption and energy dissipation.
5. No deformation or fatigue under
normal loads.
6. Long service life.
7. The large range of possible applications
for individual spring sizes simplifi
es stock-keeping.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 28 2013, 06:05 PM) *

I sent to Pellican for CV bolt lock washers. I think I could have found these at the local hardware store. Are the others not available anymore. Should I trust these?

Same thing happened to me. Been debating using them. I also safety wire mine, so I would think its ok.
rhodyguy
so...pelican lists them as superseded to 999 523 102 OB OEM @ a buck a pop or 100 of them for $.1025 each from mcmaster. dry.gif interesting...pelican lists 8 required per car. that should read per 8 axle or 16 per car. get on that dave. biggrin.gif

k
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jan 30 2013, 08:36 AM) *

Same thing happened to me. Been debating using them. I also safety wire mine, so I would think its ok.

I safety wire mine as well but I will NOT be using these washers. I've got some on the way. Thanks Mark.
McMark
McMaster washers come in a bag labelled SCHNORR in big letters. I'm content. cool_shades.gif
913B
Since we are talking about these little washers. Is there a correct way they should face or it doesn't matter. Know what I mean ?? :-)
euro911
I bought a big bag from Eric ... smoke.gif

Did you get yellow ones? ... they install faster poke.gif

Sad as the bird site would send you these as oem type
McMark
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jan 30 2013, 03:38 PM) *

Since we are talking about these little washers. Is there a correct way they should face or it doesn't matter. Know what I mean ?? :-)

Absolutely! biggrin.gif The ID should be towards the bolt head. I guess a picture is better...
913B
Thank you sir !
Mike Bellis
hijacked.gif

What ever happened to the group buy for drilled CV bolts? confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jan 30 2013, 08:01 PM) *

hijacked.gif

I drilled mine myself. A few minutes with a drill press. Countersink the holes to get rid of sharp edges. Check the picture in my first post. Not hard to do.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 30 2013, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jan 30 2013, 03:38 PM) *

Absolutely! biggrin.gif The ID should be towards the bolt head. I guess a picture is better...

The washers I have always used have a serrated surface on BOTH sides of the washer arranged at an angle. This one looks a little different. confused24.gif
Mikey914

hijacked.gif

I did a GB, sent out a few for those that wanted them. still have them.
-Mark
McMark
The washers are serrated on both sides. It just doesn't look like it in the pic.
02loftsmoor
Boy I'm glad someone spoke out, those kinds of washers will flatten out and you will loose your torque, wired or not.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 31 2013, 08:14 AM) *

The washers are serrated on both sides. It just doesn't look like it in the pic.

Thanks Mark. I'm easily confused. biggrin.gif
d7n7master

---
I just safety wire the bolts.
JFJ914
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jan 30 2013, 06:38 PM) *

Pointy part toward the bolt head.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 31 2013, 12:15 AM) *

hijacked.gif

I did a GB, sent out a few for those that wanted them. still have them.
-Mark

PM sent
hotlanta914
how about these
Elliot Cannon
Wow! I wonder where we can get those?
montoya 73 2.0
Schnorr washers are stock and good enough, Safety wire is redundant but cheap insurance.
Elliot Cannon
Might be a good thing on a race car. Looks like a special socket and clip ring pliers required.
montoya 73 2.0
Ah, good idea for quick release on the triple square. Maybe a machined slot in the head of the fastener to slide the clip on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.