Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering rack boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
I'm on my second set of steering rack boots. These things just fall apart on me. Anyone know a decent source for quality boots?
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(blitZ @ Jan 29 2013, 01:31 PM) *

I'm on my second set of steering rack boots. These things just fall apart on me. Anyone know a decent source for quality boots?

Have you seen the ones Auto Atlanta has for sale OEM:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-O-e-m-S...0134719102.html

I went to South Gwinnett High School in Snellville "Where Everyone is Somebody!"
IronHillRestorations
I know I've got at least one NOS one, I'll check and see if I've got two or at least a 2nd one worth installing.
McMark
Where did you buy the last sets? What brand were they? OEM ones aren't expensive, looks like ~$10 each.
TravisNeff
I bought lemforders from pelican. Gotta be better than the crappy URO's I had before, I think those lasted less than a month.
914Sixer
Autohausaz.com. Genuine Porsche $12.75 each. Free shipping if you buy $50 worth of parts.
gothspeed
who has turbo tie rod boots?
blitZ
That's what I need the turbo boots, should have been more specific. I think the last set I got was from AA.

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Jan 30 2013, 12:20 AM) *

who has turbo tie rod boots?

McMark
Lotsa places, including Pelican. I can get them, but not as quickly as other retail shops.
rhodyguy
Paragon?
blitZ
Just ordered some from Pelican, hope they last.
Mikey914
There's no reason these shouldn't last. you'll know if the materail is crappy before you install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.