Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Cleaning headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
Just wanted to share my experience with a 3M "Lens Renewal System" aka headlight polish/cleaner. I'm sure there other products out there but this worked very well.

Click to view attachment

The actual headlight looked worse than on the before picture, very yellowish.

Click to view attachment

Take your time, read the instructions AND follow them.

Don't rush and try to do all the lights with just one set. If the lights are very yellow, use a second set.

Click to view attachment

Again, the after picture doesn't do justice of the real condition. The headlights look as good as new!! Took me about 45min per side. Well worth for the looks and better light output.

Hope this info helped.

dc

PS: Double tape the area around the lights, in particular corners and edges!!
rhodyguy
how much did the 3M kit set you back? enough material to do the lights a second time in the future?

k
draganc
I forgot but I think around $20-25 at pep boys.

That one set did just about both sides.
rhodyguy
"just about"...so 2 trips to perp boys?

k
flash914
If the foam pad is still in good shape save it and on the second time around add some baking soda tooth paste to the pads and it will work just as well. Gordon
draganc
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 30 2013, 09:10 AM) *

"just about"...so 2 trips to perp boys?

k

nope, one kit did both sides! during the application, i would have felt better if i had another set - which i would have used, just to insure that the yellow-ish is removed.

i have used another cheap kit (forgot the name) and i split the material between the left and right and it looked like a$$.

my take is that it is cheaper to use a kit per side than driving back and forth.

76-914
They're $8.50 on sale ($4 bucks more off sale) @ H Freight. I did 3 sets and still have some left over. piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.