Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dellorto Fuel Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mharrison
I have a pair of 40 DRLA Dellortos on my '72 914. I had some problems with the accelerator pumps, but I removed the pump diaphragm and glew air through the hole to free up the ball bearing like valve in there. Now one is pumping, but the other is not. The accelerator pump arm is moving, it sounds like it is pumping are when off the car, but when I hook the fuel back up, I can't get it to pump. I'm going to pull it apart again and check the float, but do you guys have any pearls of wisdom on anything else that I might be able to check while I've got it off the car?

-Matt
Toast
Hummm.....Delorto and fuel problems... idea.gif
Now there is something unusual. rolleyes.gif

My solution, get a different set of carbs.
SLITS
You could feasibly have a pin hole in the diaphram or the flat spring that seats the ball is not functioning correctly.
mharrison
Well on the tear down I still had two frozen check valves. I got those cleared up and pissed off my neighbors tuning with straight pipes for about two hours. It reminds me of the time I first got my '73 2.0 running in 1986. It was about 11 o'clock at night with straight headers in a subdivision. Heh..heh...

Still doesn't want to idle well, but I can keep it running as long as I want to nurse it. I think I'll put my s.s. Heat Exchangers and muffler on tommorow. (I just couldn't bolt my new muffler to those crusty,rusty old heat exchangers!) After that is on, I'll work out the details to keep it running. You know, November is not the best time to be working on this cold natured beast!
tommy914
November may be a little chilly, but it beats the heck out of May, June, July, August, September heat and humidity.

Nothing I hate worse than breaking a sweat just jacking the car up.

I don't suppose Weber Jets will fit the Dellorto's?
I have a pretty good selection of jets for the Webers, also have a synchrometer if you need to borrow one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.