Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car History
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Huma
I am new in this famous forum, I bought a 914-6 last year from California and would like have all informations on that car which are available. I am located in Germany can not get any information except the ones from Porsche. I would like to know preowners, what has happened with the car, several new body parts are welded on, etc.
Hope here I can get any history!
Regards
Huma
SirAndy
What is the VIN number? That might help with the search. Also, do you know what part of CA it came from?

Oh, und schöne Grüße aus dem sonnigen Kalifornien!
smilie_flagge6.gif biggrin.gif

PS: welcome.png
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 1 2013, 12:34 AM) *

What is the VIN number?

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Gustl
oh ... and of course welcome.png ... from the south biggrin.gif
Huma
Danke Wolfgang!

Yes VIN is 914 0432644 and the car was last registed in Mill Valley CA 94941.

Regards
Huma
SirAndy
QUOTE(Huma @ Feb 1 2013, 01:01 AM) *
Yes VIN is 914 0432644 and the car was last registed in Mill Valley CA 94941.

Hmmm. I used to live in Mill Valley. Very small town, never saw that car around.
idea.gif

I'll ask around, someone here in the bay area should know something about this car.
driving.gif
sgh
Cool car. I have 2655, not too far from yours. Eleven cars apart - ill bet they were on the assembly line together.
Huma
Hi All,
now after 1 1/2 year of every free minute working on the car, its back on the street. It runs really well and I have a lot of fun. I am still looking for some history information on it.
I found out, that the last owner, Mr. Klingen out of SF, gots it by a buisness deal but he past away in the meantime.
VIN is 914 0432644
last lizence plate number was 1 GLL 530 from '89

If you have any information on it, please let me know.

Thx
HumaClick to view attachment
orthobiz
Glad you got rid of that luggage rack! And while I like steel wheels with hubcaps on the early cars, your choice of wheels is just great...

Paul
OmaPossu
Hallo Huma,

Grusse aus Finnland! Schöne auto!

I have same colour -70, vin ...2344. It has been while under restoration. Now in this shape http://harrasteet.1g.fi/kuvat/OmaPossu+II/Painting/ .

Like to see more pics from resoration, if possible. Is colour original (repainted)?

Mfg Jukka
wolle914
Hi Huma,

you can try to get the history information of your car from the Californian Department of Motor Vehicles (Kalifornische Verkehrsbehörde):

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/vrr.htm

I got the Californian history of my 914er back to 1985 when it came to California from another state. However, according to my knowledge, such a request can be filed only until the end of the second year after the car left California. My car was transferred to Europe in 2009 and I got the history report in December 2011.

You can also try to obtain a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche, either in Stuttgart or from Porsche of NA (they send it only to a US address).

Good luck !
Wolfram
sixnotfour
here you go, I think that it was sitting and the owner wanted to get it running for more $$$, Not for sure the same car I tried to buy from the original owner but close...this is the car though:
https://plus.google.com/photos/105928859839...CIqS6Yj5v92e0QE
Huma
Hi 914 Guru,

yes that is the car. I asked at car planet, but they could/did not give we more information. Do you met last owner I CA?

Do you have any more information.

Regards
Huma
Huma
Hallo Wolle,
do not have a DL number to registrate at dmv. How did you manage that?

Gruß
Huma

QUOTE(wolle914 @ Mar 13 2014, 10:49 AM) *

Hi Huma,

you can try to get the history information of your car from the Californian Department of Motor Vehicles (Kalifornische Verkehrsbehörde):

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/vrr.htm

I got the Californian history of my 914er back to 1985 when it came to California from another state. However, according to my knowledge, such a request can be filed only until the end of the second year after the car left California. My car was transferred to Europe in 2009 and I got the history report in December 2011.

You can also try to obtain a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche, either in Stuttgart or from Porsche of NA (they send it only to a US address).

Good luck !
Wolfram

dlkawashima
I don't think the DMV vehicle history will uncover anything of value about your car, unfortunately. The records for my car (which has been in Northern California all its life) only go back to 2007. And about the only things it reveals are the date and cost of registration renewal, nothing more.
Huma
dlkawashima,
yes you are right, car last time was registrated in '89 I believe, soI will not get any information on what has happened before.

Thx for the info
Regards
Hubert

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Apr 1 2014, 04:09 AM) *

I don't think the DMV vehicle history will uncover anything of value about your car, unfortunately. The records for my car (which has been in Northern California all its life) only go back to 2007. And about the only things it reveals are the date and cost of registration renewal, nothing more.

Johny Blackstain
I know how you feel, my six has not only been modified beyond restoration, but when I got it I found the old registrations in the glovebox from 3 previous owners, not including the guy I bought it from. I would need a detective to trace down the cars history.
lalee914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Apr 2 2014, 11:06 AM) *

I know how you feel, my six has not only been modified beyond restoration, but when I got it I found the old registrations in the glovebox from 3 previous owners, not including the guy I bought it from. I would need a detective to trace down the cars history.

Well, I have a database of 914/6 advertisements and the only thing I have for this car is the carplanet at from Feb 2013. There isn't much to this ad so it probably won't help much.

FYI, I've put the list of VIN numbers that I have info for on the web at:

www.p914-6info.net

Currently, I have information on over 1200 different cars.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.