914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
1st Degree Murder, Lacy: Guilty!
2nd Degree Murder, Baby Connor: Guilty!
Rusty
With SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

Scott is gonna ride Ol' Sparky!!
tdgray
Well Shit... the system does work. Especially if you are not MEGA Rich.
morph
I'm happy that justice was served for Lacy and Connor.

HIEDI
Cap'n Krusty
One down, one to go. And we get to see it right here in Santa Maria .......................................... The Cap'n
bondo
What the...? How can the murder of Laci be first degree and Connor second degree? If the murder of Lacy was premeditated, wouldn't the murder of the unborn baby be premeditated too? I can't imagine anyone managed to prove he didn't know killing her would kill the baby.
aircooledboy
So you guys are ok with the propsition that in a prosecution completely devoid of one single piece of direct evidence, this mutt will likely face the death penalty essentially because the jury was convinced (rightly so) that he was an asshole?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 12 2004, 02:23 PM)
So you guys are ok with the propsition that in a prosecution completely devoid of one single piece of direct evidence, this mutt will likely face the death penalty essentially because the jury was convinced (rightly so) that he was an asshole?

Pretty much, yeah. ar15.gif
MattR
Aircooledboy, something that was probably on the jury's mind that someone out of state might not understand; in California we have somewhat of an overpopulation problem. Scott Peterson will be one less person to clutter our streets <_<

Let not let this turn into a political argument over the death penalty. PLEASE!!!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 12 2004, 02:30 PM)
Aircooledboy, something that was probably on the jury's mind that someone out of state might not understand; in California we have somewhat of an overpopulation problem. Scott Peterson will be one less person to clutter our streets dry.gif

Let not let this turn into a political argument over the death penalty. PLEASE!!!

agree.gif

And I was just being a smart ass in my last comment. sad.gif
aircooledboy
You are abosolutely right Matt. beerchug.gif I started to type a follow up to my post, and I decided to drink this frosty beer instead. drunk.gif

Yes, I am still at work, but there was no good reason not to enjoy a beautiful Guiness beer3.gif while I finish up this trained chimpanzee work. monkeydance.gif
bondo
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 12 2004, 03:23 PM)

I don't know what went on in the courtroom, but the evidence presented was enough to convince 12 people he was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Whether or not he deserves the death penalty is another issue completely. I am fairly certain that the jury is not allowed weigh what his sentence would be in their decision of a verdict. I'll keep my thoughts on the death penalty to myself to avoid politicalness.
d7n7master
I read the book about a year ago. The book made Scott out to be a scumbag - lying, cheating, s.o.b. fertilizer salesman. However, although I think he did it, I didn't think for a minute that he would be found guilty without real evidence. Especially not in Ca.
Assuming that he DID kill his wife; why did he do it while she was pregnant??? That puts him in the piece of $hit category alfred.gif .
MattR
QUOTE(d7n7master @ Nov 12 2004, 02:46 PM)
I read the book about a year ago. The book made Scott out to be a scumbag - lying, cheating, s.o.b. fertilizer salesman.

I wonder what scenario would sell more books? Make Scott Peterson into a angel and look for the "real killer" (possibly the same "real killer" that took Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman's lives) OR to make a book describing a villan that ruthlessly killed his innocent wife and child.

Im not passing judgem on Scott Peterson, only the publishers of the book who dont mind ruining the reputation of an unconvicted citizen all in the name of SELLING MORE BOOKS!!!
GTeener
And there was much rejoicing...

aktion035.gif party.gif drunk.gif
Mueller
but the evidence presented was enough to convince 12 people he was guilty
....only after they replace jurors that didn't agree with the majority...

i'm with aircooledboy on this one.....seems like they "wanted" him to be guilty without "real" evidence.....we'll see if he gets his appeal or not
Eric_Shea
Scott Peterson is...

...about to find out what it's like to be fuched in the a$$ laugh.gif
Andyrew
Neighbor told me.

Now we get to go through the appeal process...

Till we hit supreme court, oh joy.

Andrew
anthony
It's just insane that OJ got off (found his blood and DNA at the scene) and this guy was found guilty. And I'm not saying that I don't think he was guilty.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 12 2004, 02:36 PM)
You are abosolutely right Matt. beerchug.gif I started to type a follow up to my post, and I decided to drink this frosty beer instead. drunk.gif

Yes, I am still at work, but there was no good reason not to enjoy a beautiful Guiness beer3.gif while I finish up this trained chimpanzee work. monkeydance.gif

You drink Guiness COLD? Barbarian ....................... The Cap'n
Dman
Lets see,

-Fishing at the site where she was found dead the day she disappeared.

-Caught at the border (San Diego) with new hair color and cash.

-4 Bags of concrete and forms in the garage for 1? boat anchor.

-Tried to sell her car before she was found dead?

-Very, very questionable phone conversations.

-They found blood in his truck, who cares if they can't prove it was hers. How many of you have blood in any part of your cars besides the engine compartment of your 914.

I am very happy with the verdict. beerchug.gif
nebreitling
agree.gif

the jury found him guilty. that's good enough for me.

i'm a bleading heart liberal*, and i hope he rots in hell.

btw, most speculation on the two jury dismissals has nothing to do with them disagreeing with the majority.

*sort of.
bondo
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 12 2004, 04:40 PM)
but the evidence presented was enough to convince 12 people he was guilty
....only after they replace jurors that didn't agree with the majority...

Last I heard no official reason was given for the juror dismissals, and the rumor was they got dismissed because the broke the rules. We may never know what went on with the jurors. If it does come out that the judge pushed a guilty verdict to avoid a mistrial, then he will get an opportunity to appeal. If that happened I would have no problem with it.
Elliot_Cannon
I am totally disgusted with this obsession with a fertilizer salesman and his trial. There are so many more important problems and subjects in this country and the world. The news groups and media whores have waisted too much time covering this whole tragic situation. CNN Fox news and all the others think more about ratings than about reporting important news. 40 years ago, network news didn't care as much about ratings as they did about reporting the news. If Walter Kronkite raised an eyebrow, that was considered editorial content. Now it's all show time. Now it's all about ratings and the bottom line.

PS For those who are concerned about it, if this guy doesn't get the death penalty, he won't last a week in a California prison. Killing a pregnant woman or a child will get you a death sentence in any prison in the state.
Elliot
Alison Baker
rocking nana.gif They had enough evidence for him to go down...He will be given "death penalty" and as Elliot says "he will not survive the California prisons"....

I am studying Criminal and Forensic's

Peterson will recieve the death penalty which he deserves...NO doubt about it
Alison Baker
QUOTE(Alison Baker @ Nov 12 2004, 08:02 PM)
rocking nana.gif They had enough evidence for him to go down...He will be given "death penalty" and as Elliot says "he will not survive the California prisons"....

I am studying Criminal and Forensic's

Peterson will recieve the death penalty which he deserves...NO doubt about it

Guilty
rick 918-S
Another bully gets his well deserved spanking. spank.gif may he burn in hell. Set him up on a double date with John Wayne Gayce and Jeffery Dalmer. His fate is the same as theirs either way.
neo914-6
You knew it was over when Garragos skipped town... laugh.gif

he won't last a week in a California prison

He wouldn't have lasted a week of freedom...
redshift
FRAMED! The baby killed Lacey, and then dropped another baby in the water...

This baby must be found, and brought to justice.

Poor Scott.

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 12 2004, 10:46 PM)
FRAMED! The baby killed Lacey, and then dropped another baby in the water...
This baby must be found, and brought to justice.

didn't they make a movie out of that?

i think it's called "Seed of Chucky" ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Brad Roberts
I made the mistake of eating lunch 3-4 blocks from the courthouse today...

TV's where on... people everywhere... I kept seeing: "annoucement at 4pm on Court TV" little did I know they meant 4pm ET...which meant I was screwed.... that meant 1pm as I sat there ....

People cheared in the food place I was sitting...LOL

B
wheelo
OH, the politics..... verboten.....
Yet ... the people have their-way ...
Just like the big man-bitch is gonna have with pretty-boy SCOTT ! once he hits the pen ... BTW ... we don't use "sparky" here in Calif. ..... we give them a nice clean needle .... and a permanant sleep ! After a unspecified amount of years spent on death row (of-course) while the appeals keep coming... The last guy @ San Q. that got- it last year, comitted his murders in 1980, spent 24 years on death row, (24 x 60k/yr = $ 1,560,000), spent in taxpayer's money ! Meanwhile schools are closing and the state goes broke ! See anything wrong with this picture ? I do ...... just shoot the bastard with a .50 (cent) bullet .... one less drag on society.....
ar15.gif
Brad Roberts
I thought about picking him off as they transported him... *thought* about it.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 13 2004, 12:10 AM)
I thought about picking him off as they transported him... *thought* about it.

not worth the trouble ... confused24.gif Andy
wheelo
If Lacie was MY daughter ... I would sell everything I have just to pay for his "accident".... sleep with the fishes !

SOB
redshift
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 13 2004, 03:07 AM)
I made the mistake of eating lunch 3-4 blocks from the courthouse today...

B

Idiot! ohmy.gif

Don't you get TV on your cell phone? huh.gif

FOOL! Man, you need 7.1 surround! smilie_pokal.gif

smile.gif

M
redshift
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 13 2004, 03:04 AM)
biggrin.gif Andy

hahahahahaha

smilie_pokal.gif
Brett W
Like it or not there was not any significant physical evidence. Now that aside. I think he was so stupid that his genes could infect the rest of the world so better off that he is toast. Send him down here. We love to light people up in ol' sparky.
SLITS
Naw, just make a few small cuts that bleed and drop him in the ocean off Catalina, the blues will take care of the rest. chowtime.gif And that 's not cruel or unusual; it's natural selection!
jd74914

andy, I thought it was "The Spawn of Chucky"
who knows, maybe I had too many beer.gif before I saw the ads.

Anyways biggrin.gif

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.