Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 front and rear bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gunny
How do I take the front and rear bumpers off? The front bumber has 2 holes on the bottom that go to bolts, is that all I have to take off to remove the bumper? I want to remove them to clean them and the serf ace behind them.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(gunny @ Jan 31 2013, 06:44 PM) *

How do I take the front and rear bumpers off? The front bumber has 2 holes on the bottom that go to bolts, is that all I have to take off to remove the bumper? I want to remove them to clean them and the serf ace behind them.

Yep, easy as that!!
gunny
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jan 31 2013, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(gunny @ Jan 31 2013, 06:44 PM) *

Yep, easy as that!!

Thanks
Krieger
There is one possible problem in getting them off after just the bolts removed. The rubber bumpers hook themselves around metal tabs that are part of all the fenders. After you remove the bolts you may need to push the bumpers in toward the body a little bit first. Then pull the side edges of the bumper (closest to each wheel) out away from the body to unhook from the metal tabs on the body. Then pull off entire bumper. Oh disconnect fog light wiring if you have them.
jcb29
Those things are awkward and heavy so place a milk crate or similar height support under the bumper for it to rest on as it comes off.
Chris H.
agree.gif You never think they are going to be that heavy and bulky. It's like being handed a small horse...
jim_hoyland
As I remember, I loosened the bumper shocks a little too. This made it easier for the bolt to drop down...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.