Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URGENT question about headlight motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I noticed that when I drove to work this morning, and parked. The driverside headlight bucket must be clogged, and the rain water has frozen solid. When I turned the headlights off to go into work, the headlight is raised about 1 inch. It will not close all the way due to the ice block beneath.

Is the motor still energized trying to close the headlight???? If it is I am sure it will kill the battery by the time I get off in 10 hours.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

if it is going to kill the battery, should i pop them up, pull the relay from that side and then shut them off.

popcorn[1].gif

popcorn[1].gif

popcorn[1].gif
Spoke
I don't know for sure but I would think if the motors stuck they would pop a fuse.

If they were burning current and not moving, you would hear some hum or noise.

Put them up and take out the relay if you are worried about it.
zambezi
Yes I would pull the relays on both sides and manually raise them until you can defrost the ice blocking them.
rhodyguy
is the drain tube in the bottom of the bucket clogged?
jsayre914
I pulled the relays on both sides. I will deice tommorow, Its a good idea to check your tubes 2-3 times a year, they really can get caked up on a daily driver.

Thanks guys
sixnotfour
pour some salt down around the headlight it will be cleared by time you get off work....brilliant
TheCabinetmaker
Pour salt on your 914? Nuts.
timothy_nd28
99% sure he was joking. What about a big bucket of steamy hot water, thaw out the areas, get the headlights to pop up, then pull the relay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.