Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 inch are more wheel spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventedrib
I was just wanting some feed back from people who run 2" spacers are more than that on there teener.
David J
I'd like to run 2" spacers on my front 89 Carrera hubs to fill out the front wheel wells a little more. It has 1" spacers now. I have 100mm studs.

Two questions:
Will ANY year 2" 944 spacer fit and center properly? Are 944 spacers different front/rear?
Does moving the tire further out from the ball joint/strut pivot point introduce additional stress into steering/suspension forces because of the lengthened moment arm?
ventedrib
QUOTE(David J @ Feb 1 2013, 02:02 PM) *

I'd like to run 2" spacers on my front 89 Carrera hubs to fill out the front wheel wells a little more. It has 1" spacers now. I have 100mm studs.

Two questions:
Will ANY year 2" 944 spacer fit and center properly? Are 944 spacers different front/rear?
Does moving the tire further out from the ball joint/strut pivot point introduce additional stress into steering/suspension forces because of the lengthened moment arm?

I would think it would at least some i know its hard on bearings. I have been running 15X9 wheels on the front and back with know spacers with no rubbing. I just got some 17x9 wheels that are offset 2" back they don't rub the tub but they don't fill up the fender unless I use at least a 2" spacer
SirAndy
I run at least 2" spacers front/rear using 100mm studs. So far, no problems.
driving.gif
Phoenix-MN
I'm running 2" spacers on the front with 15x7's and 205's no problems so far and no rubbing with GT flares
tadink
I've got 1.5" on the front w 17x7 and 2" on the rear with 17x9 - had to go w/ 2" for inner clearance.

what wheels are you running?

td
ventedrib
QUOTE(tadink @ Feb 1 2013, 03:10 PM) *

I've got 1.5" on the front w 17x7 and 2" on the rear with 17x9 - had to go w/ 2" for inner clearance.

td

Im running the Euromeisters.
David J
Where to find used 2" spacers? Are F/R different? Will any fit on an 89 Carrera hub?
kid914
QUOTE(ventedrib @ Feb 1 2013, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(tadink @ Feb 1 2013, 03:10 PM) *

td

Im running the Euromeisters.

I will be running the same rims.... post pics of the fitment please. piratenanner.gif
tadink
QUOTE(David J @ Feb 1 2013, 02:33 PM) *

Where to find used 2" spacers? Are F/R different? Will any fit on an 89 Carrera hub?

They are around - I found some on Pelican classifieds for sale and there is a site on ebay that has some - post up a WTB here and there and someone will chime in!

td
Eric_Shea
IPB Image

Will any fit on an 89 Carrera hub?

Sure... just get longer studs.
rick 918-S
Check Performance Products for the space4rs and studs. I have 2" on the front of the Alien and about 1/4" on the rear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.