Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of our own needs us
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rick 918-S
I wouldn't want any of you to think for one minute that I am anything but a cold hearted hard ass. But a friend of ours opened up to us about an issue involving his wife. Our friend is Jaime Ramos Mejia known to most of you as Oldschool. He reported she has a tumor and will need more surgury. The reality of this situation is they have no health insurance. Many of us are in the same boat. In my opinion this is the worse thing that can happen. So far it sounds like she has been treated in Mexico. When you treat there you pay up front. The bills will surely climb.

I'm committed to help but I need your assistance. I dug through my stuff and found what I think is the last Area51Werks T-Shirt. It is an XL. This shirt may not fit you but don't let that stop you from bidding. Bid anyway and give the shirt as a gift to another 914 guy.

This is a very special shirt. You see these were printed by Jaime for me. So if you are the lucky winner of this shirt you will not only get the last new Alien shirt I may have but it was printed by oldschool.

Here's how I want this to go down. I want to raise as much money for Jaime as I can over the weekend.

1) Don't post your bid amount here in this forum. I want you guys to PM me your bid for the shirt.

2) I will announce the winner Monday night by 10 pm central time.

3) I will not announce the amount of money that was bid for the shirt.

4) The winner will need to pay pal the amount of the bid to Moniquekhadley@gmail.com after you are notified on Monday.

5) I will contact the winning bidder and get your address. I will mail the shirt to you at no additional cost beyond your bid.

Later there will be a couple more items offered so don't feel bad if you don't get the shirt.
Please do not turn this into a debate or bring any politics into my post.

Also, please bump this thread and keep it on the top all weekend.

And if you would rather just help out you can send Jaime a gift to Moniquekhadley@gmail.com

Current Bid $ 500.00

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Rick, PM sent
rick 918-S
I was just informed the email for the pay pal may not be working. Let me check and I will place a correction in the first post.
rick 918-S
I started getting bids already!

We have the email issue sorted out.

Please continue to bid.
rick 918-S
If you want to send a gift please use Moniquekhadley@gmail.com

Thanks Mike! beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis

EDIT: please send gift to Moniquekhadley@gmail.com

His story hits close to home as cancer runs genetically in my family. I could not imagine living without my wife and I would do anything possible to keep her around.
oldschool
So sorry guys...here is a good email my girls..
Moniquekhadley@gmail.com

Thanks guys for your help.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 2 2013, 01:35 AM) *

So sorry guys...here is a good email my girls..
Moniquekhadley@gmail.com

Thanks guys for your help.

Cool! I will change all the info above to include her Pay Pal email. beerchug.gif This is the best way. We got off to a rocky start but we have some nice bids in. Stay tuned, We have another item that is coming up for bid later.

If you read this thread please take a minute and bump it to the top. I will be away from my computer most of the day. I am asking for your help to make this a success for our friend.
Kansas 914
Bidding is now closed - thanks to all the bidders!

Rick,

Thanks so much for once again starting a thread so we can all help. I would like to jump in and put a piece up for "silent" auction.

PM or email (mike@prosalesreps.com) your bid to me and I will notify the winner so they can PayPal the winning bid to Jaime's account (Moniquekhadley@gmail.com).

OK - Here is your chance to get the much sought after blue Matchbox 914.

It was only available to collectors that attended the MCCH Gathering of Friends 2010 in Albuquerque, NM. You know you want to add this to your collection - so now you can do that and help a 914 friend. Good Luck!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Current high bid is $109.14

Thanks!
Eric_Shea
Full Set of 914 Calipers

PM your bid. I'll end the bidding and announce the winner at the end of the month:

IPB Image

IPB Image

$580.00 Value.

Current High Bid = $700.00 (I'll keep refreshing that so you don't waste your time low bidding)
rick 918-S
The generosity here never ceases to amaze me. pray.gif Let's keep this thread at the top all weekend!
Mike Bellis
Bidding closed for this item, winner contacted

I will offer up an Engman aluminum pedal board. PM you bids to me. Proceeds go to Jaime and his family. Winner announced at the end of the week.

Click to view attachment
rmital
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 2 2013, 12:18 AM) *

I wouldn't want any of you to think for one minute that I am anything but a cold hearted hard ass.....

that's funny Rick, having met you back in 2009 at our first Hershey Mid-Engine Invasion, that would be the furthest impression I got. Your help that day/evening was greatly appreciated...
and seeing you start this effort is fantastic!

I had the pleasure of working/dealing with Jaime producing the 2009 Mid-Engine Invation shirts...he was more than helpful, considering I was 3,000 miles away and never met the guy.

If I don't win any of my bids, I will glady donate toward the cause.

Thank you
Kansas 914
Bids have started on the Blue collectible 914 Matchbox - thank you!
EdwardBlume
Three pin set. Porsche, 914, AX Cone.

Be a pin head. The only firm cone you get may be this one. All three come as a set. 100% Oldschool.
JRust
Donation sent but that pin set is cool. Where are bids going for that? PM sent with a bid biggrin.gif
oldschool
Wow my family is seeing greatness that is in the people here on the 914 world...
Thanks every one for your help. Much love. wub.gif
Dr Evil
I am down for this!

I do not have any core gear boxes, if anyone has one that I can build and raffle I would be grateful.

I would offer a full rebuild worth approx $700-1200 + shipping. Basically, you win it, you get it.

Once question, do I auction or do I raffle?

We are with you and your wife, Jaime.

Update 2/3/13 - Top bid so far for rebuild with supplied core, my parts = $500.

914itis
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 2 2013, 02:09 PM) *

I am down for this!

I do not have any core gear boxes, if anyone has one that I can build and raffle I would be grateful.

I would offer a full rebuild worth approx $700-1200 + shipping. Basically, you win it, you get it.

Once question, do I auction or do I raffle?

We are with you and your wife, Jaime.

Doc, Jim Kelly had some cores contact him and I will pay and donate the core.

Pm me if you need my number.
wndsnd
Donating Direct. Glad to help out.
KaptKaos
Dug this out of my stash. Never used, never mounted. Mint condition 914club badge in original packaging.

Click to view attachment

Happy to donate it to the cause.

Final Bid is $250

The winner is Jim Medeiros. Thanks so very much for bidding. I have sent you a PM with instructions and my number if you have any questions. You rock! aktion035.gif
flippa
Hey Jamie, we are keeping you and your wife in our thoughts & prayers buddy.

PM's sent on a bunch of stuff.
914coop
Gift sent, paryers and thoughs with you and wife.
Harpo
Gift sent and bid placed on the 914club badge. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family tonight.

David
draganc
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 2 2013, 12:39 PM) *

Dug this out of my stash. Never used, never mounted. Mint condition 914club badge in original packaging.

Click to view attachment

Pm me any bids. Thx!

PM/Bid sent!
Dr Evil
So, someone bid on a rebuild. I dont have any cores yet, but I am contacting people. I would be willing to rebuild a persons transmission for a donation to this cause! You are bidding on Labor and parts! We can see if shipping can be thrown in as well depending on timing smile.gif

Let the bids rip!
rick 918-S
I have been out all day moving furniture and filling a dumpster from our water damaged house. This makes my day perfect. Everyone coming together to help out. People sending in offers and donations. I have been on many forums over the years. This doesn't happen everyplace. Thank you all and keep the bids and donations coming!
Cap'n Krusty
I have another 914 Club badge, new in the bag. PM bids. I eat the shipping. The total proceeds go to the cause! High bid sits at $225! 02/04/13, 10PM. I think we'll go until Wednesday at noon!

OK, I think we're done. I'll notify the high bidder and get the funds on the way to Jaime. I want to sincerely thank those who bid on this fine badge. Your actions reflect the kind of people we are, and I'm proud to hang with each and every one of you. BTW, I posted a heads-up on the Club site. 53 folks looked at the thread, NOT ONE REPLIED!

The Cap'n
Black22
I really appreciate the outpouring of generousity from our group. Jaime is a GREAT GUY. I'm not surprised by it, but just humbled to be a part of this World.

All the auctions are great!! I might bid on one, but I'll just donate for now...although that Engman pedal board is calling my name!

Prayers for your family Jaime! Keep your chin up primo.
oldschool
QUOTE(Black22 @ Feb 2 2013, 06:46 PM) *

I really appreciate the outpouring of generousity from our group. Jaime is a GREAT GUY. I'm not surprised by it, but just humbled to be a part of this World.

All the auctions are great!! I might bid on one, but I'll just donate for now...although that Engman pedal board is calling my name!

Prayers for your family Jaime! Keep your chin up primo.

Yes our 914 peps rock....I'm going to miss you........primo laugh.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll offer up a shifter knob, 917 style, for standard shifter or Rennshift.
IPB Image
KNOB ONLY! Not offering up my Rennshift.
I'll make it when the bidding ends.

Zach
914itis
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 2 2013, 10:09 PM) *

I'll offer up a shifter knob, 917 style, for standard shifter or Rennshift.
IPB Image

I'll make it when the bidding ends.

Zach

Zach, you may want to mention that the shifter is not included.
hot_shoe914
Several bids made, going to dig through stash and trying to come up with something good to donate.

Prayers with you are your family Jamie.
Dr Evil
Question, is there a way we can tell how close we are to the needed amount? Mayeb a thermometer with no numbers indicating money, just level?
Dr Evil
Another concern, weekends are slow going around here. Perhaps prolonging this to tues will give more people time to check it out?
KaptKaos

Click to view attachment

Pm me any bids. Thx!

I've gotten several bids. Thanks to those that have bid!
rick 918-S
Hi Doc,

There has been an overwhelming response to help out here. Jaime didn't ask me to do anything or state what kind of funds he thought he would need. I just felt compelled to do something for a stand up guy that was blind sided and caught without a way to help the one person that means the most. Just imagine finding out your wife was in trouble and being confronted with the issuee of being between insurance companies.

I don't think we need a goal. Around here people help. We'll do our best.

As far as a deadline or end to this request to band together goes I think you can set your own deadline. Your service and transmissions are high end. You may want to set your date to end further than others. I think that's a fare and appropriate way to do this. Everyone that is making an offer should set their own end date.

I will notify the high bidder for the last Alien T shirt printed by Oldschool on Monday night before 10:00 pm CST.

ruby914
Jamie, is a great guy. So sorry to hear the news.
Wishing you both the best.

I have two sets of Preproduction FG "A" pillars that are made to fit Component Alpine tweeter speakers with a 2" mounting hole. They have a paintable Truck Bed Coating texture.
I was going to offer these for $45 a set, as they are preproduction. These parts were fit to both my cars and should have no issues, just looking for feedback.
Proved for production "A" pillars are planned to sell closer to $90 a set.
I will take bids, at least up to 11pm Monday night, it may last all week.. Top (2) bidders will be notified to send payment to Moniquekhadley@gmail.com and supply me with your mailing address. I will pay US postage.
PM me with your bids.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPR60C/Alp...106#details-tab
http://pacificstereo.com/alpine-sps-600c.h...CFe5xQgodW0kALQ

Type R http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/spr-10tw
Type S http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/sps-110tw
wingnut86
Eric is holding 2 sets of 944/928 calipers in his new garage for me.

Eric - Put them up here if you read this. All proceeds to Jaime.

Dave B...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 2 2013, 09:07 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Pm me any bids. Thx!

I've gotten several bids. Thanks to those that have bid!

I, too, have a couple of bids. Keep it up, folks!

The Cap'n
'73-914kid
Out of curiocity...how will we know if we are a high bidder, or whether or not we need to bid more for an item? Should the seller let the bidder know when he is outbid via pm?
wingnut86
I haven't got time for images as it's dark and cold in the garage, but...

I have 2 sets of main tins for a 1.7 AND a 2.0, both were recently powder coated after a good cleaning. There are a few extra accessory tins, but neither has a full set, the mains are the ones you want for BLING anyway.

Color: Lamborghini Yellow (like their calipers)

I also have a matching engine support in the Lambo yellow, 73-76 side-shifter style.

BillH1963 has seen them in my garage, but they haven't had the powder dust washed off since I picked them up. I'll add images tomorrow.

Lastly, I have a spare rear trailing arm off an early car, straight, cleaned and then PC'd black. No hardware...

PM me your TOP DOLLAR for Jaime.

Shipping goes wit.

Wingnut86
DRPHIL914
Several bids placed, and a big first.gif to rick and all those who have donated to this,

I would like to place an item out here for the cause
Its a early 914 bra. I bought it from a member here and have not used it. Very good condition.
I will post a picture tomorrow. PM me with bids

I will ship no.charge to the highest bidder

Phil
flippa
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Feb 2 2013, 10:01 PM) *

Out of curiocity...how will we know if we are a high bidder, or whether or not we need to bid more for an item? Should the seller let the bidder know when he is outbid via pm?

I have seen silent auctions done several ways. Some list the price & some do not, so if you want an item, you gotta bid high.

Not sure which way generates the most money, but bid high guys, cause I plan on generating a lot of cash for Jamie by winning a bunch of stuff with a high bid.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(flippa @ Feb 3 2013, 06:59 AM) *

I have seen silent auctions done several ways. Some list the price & some do not, so if you want an item, you gotta bid high.

Not sure which way generates the most money, but bid high guys, cause I plan on generating a lot of cash for Jamie by winning a bunch of stuff with a high bid.

Well said. In an effort to maintain some privacy this is probably the best way. I reply to every bid just to confirm the bid but only wish them luck. I had thought about replying with "You've been outbid" if that was the case but haven't done so yet. Thoughts?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 3 2013, 09:24 AM) *

QUOTE(flippa @ Feb 3 2013, 06:59 AM) *

Well said. In an effort to maintain some privacy this is probably the best way. I reply to every bid just to confirm the bid but only wish them luck. I had thought about replying with "You've been outbid" if that was the case but haven't done so yet. Thoughts?

I always reply to the bidder to wish them luck and thank them but I would rather not disclose the bid amounts. This is for Jaime. Any other bidders could always still make a donation after the auction.
Eric_Shea
I have the bid amount on my post... if its not what you bid, you've been outbid. biggrin.gif
'73-914kid
I have no problems bidding high, but it would still be nice to know whether or not youve been outbid, so you know to place a higher bid.. there doesnt need to be a price named, only that youve been outbid.

My .02 cents
FourBlades

Listing the current high bid without any one's name will let people know what they have to bid to win an item. Seems like this will lead to higher bids.

John
KaptKaos

Click to view attachment

Pm me any bids. Thx!

Current high bid is $250! smilie_pokal.gif

If you've bid less, you've been outbid.

Thanks to all that have bid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.