Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: getting my teener back today- long story
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I posted last year about my experience with the good doctor here in Marietta, basically I received my car back in non-running order after what was supposed to be a simple alternator change. After pulling the motor they also did a valve adjustment and some other " while we're in there " work. Car would not run the day I went to pick it up. They fiddled with the carb's to get it running and I left in disgust. Life got in the way of doing anything on the car until November, one day I just said Fuch it and loaded her on the trailer and went to Franz Blam racing. Spoke with Dieter and dropped the car off. After several phone discussions it was decided to drop the motor. First thing that was found is the carbs were a mess so total rebuild was done. Then when they went to do valve adjustment he said it was so far off he couldn't believe it would run at all ( thanks doctor ). Also added Carrera chain tensioners and new oil return tubes. I was supposed to pick the car up yesterday but Dieter called and said while warming the car up there was a tiny oil leak and he would not release the car ! Hell the other shop could have cared less that the car didn't run !!! Got a call at the end of the day yesterday it was a banjo fitting sealing ring ( 10 cents ) and now all is good. Yes it has been 3 months but to be fair I told Dieter that I was in no rush and work on my car as fill in work . Add the holidays and here we are. They also allowed me to order the Carrera tensioners and oil return tubes to save money, he came right out and said why pay us for our mark up when you can order direct. If the car runs as good as he say's it does I'll be a happy camper.
Cairo94507
I am glad to hear it all worked out and that you will be enjoying your car - leak free and running well.
SLITS
Nice to know there are shops that care to do it right. Enjoy your car and declare the good doctors' shop a "no fly zone".
mepstein
beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
congrats on finding someone that could and did fix the issues without bending you over. try posting this @ club...good luck with that one. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
The guys at Franz Blam rock. smilie_pokal.gif

We occasionally do caliper work for them.
SLITS
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 2 2013, 07:09 AM) *

congrats on finding someone that could and did fix the issues without bending you over. try posting this @ club...good luck with that one. smile.gif

Agitator of the first order! poke.gif

If your car is a 911SC, it is beyond me how they could blow a valve adjustment and the carbs have nothing to do with changing an alternator if the engine was out. Obviously, they have no training or can't read and don't care ... I'll vote for the second and third.
rfuerst911sc
My wife dropped me off this morning at FBR to pick up the car. First thing I noticed is the car was fairly clean. Dieter was under the hood doing some extra cleaning that really wasn't needed. I brought a new battery as the old one was kaput. They had it installed in a few minutes. They raised the car up on the lift so I could examine the underside. Everything looked clean and tidy. Lowered the car and Dieter went over everything they had done and explained everything in detail. Then asked if I had any questions, the only one I had was " does it run " ? biggrin.gif He fired her up and that dual out M&K muffler barked to life. Settled into a nice idle she sounded strong, blipped the throttle a few times and instant throttle response from those 40mm Webers. Went into the office to hand over to Franz the wad-o-cash and we talked a while about their runs at Lemans and their involvement with Flying Lizard, I could have listened to Franz for hours he's a very nice man. I handed him an envelope with a good chunk of change in it, he didn't count it he just marked my invoice as " paid " and let me go on my way. She ran GREAT on the way home I really had missed the old gal. I would highly recommend FBR to anyone looking for a good , honest independant Porsche shop. Now I need to put some miles on this one and the 911SC, it's play time in Marietta !!! biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Good news, you should brodies in front of AA with your middle finger flyin, I mean the two finger pluck yew. either one will do..
rfuerst911sc
I am so spoiled on Porsche mechanics, before I moved to Marietta 4 years ago I had lived in Orlando FL. for 18 years and had exclusively used Zotz as my Porsche repair shop. Donnie at Zotz is just a first rate guy, honest and fair. It was so nice taking a car in and knowing you weren't going to get screwed. When I moved to Georgia I had to start all over, my first ( and only ) trip to AA was a bust which is a shame because they are just 3-4 miles from my house. FBR is like 30 + miles so not just around the corner but they remind me of Zotz in many ways. I have a level of comfort now that I didn't have before, but hopefully won't have to visit again for a long while biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.