Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Friday: Porsche Gettysburg Fun Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Eric_Shea
Hey Gang,

We're looking at hitting Hershey a day early this year due in part to the AACA museums Porsche exhibit. I've been chatting with some of the local boys and were trying to make a day of it. Everything is in rough planning but it looks like this:

FRIDAY APRIL 19th:

8:45 - AACA Museum. Stage in parking lot for 9:00am entry.
11:00 - Meet/Stage in Museum Parking lot.
12:30 - Lunch - Haufbrauhaus, Abbottstown, PA.
2:00 - Drive to Gettsburg.
2:30 - Gettysburg - Group Rate (16 or more) $10.00 per person. (cutoff date for Gettysburg group rate is April 12th)
7:00 - Underdog's for Wings

Museum Address:
AACA Museum
161 Museum Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
http://www.aacamuseum.org/

Lunch Address:
Hofbrauhaus
135 W King St.
Abbottstown, PA 17301
http://germanfoodinpa.com/

Gettysburg Address:
Gettysburg National Military Park
1195 Baltimore Pike
Gettysburg, PA
http://www.nps.gov/gett/index.htm

Underdog Address:
Underdog Sports Bar & Grill
3100 Paxton Street
Harrisburg, Pa 17111
717-564-5150
http://www.underdogsportsbarandgrill.com/

Confirmed:

Erc - Stranded
Lil Erc - Stranded
Matt
Scotty
Paul P
Zach
wndsnd
struckn
Glenn
Donald
Brad Mayeur
Andy911sc +1
Juggino
Cherry Bomb
BKLNTARGA
westo2 +2
Bill W (museum and lunch)
Rob G (museum and lunch)
Jerry M (museum and lunch)
Evil
Mrs. Evil
Evil Spawn
Tedman5
JWcars
Mepstein
Jim McLeod
Lazy Ken!!
R_towle (Rich)
Rocket (Abel)
flatsixtt +1
Okieflyr +1
914itis
Hm, I think I can so this . I am in.
hot_shoe914
I am usually there on Friday, not sure if I will be there in time for the museum but I will see how it goes.
scotty b
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 2 2013, 07:40 PM) *

I am usually there on Friday, not sure if I will be there in time for the museum but I will see how it goes.

I think we're actually talking about getting in on Thursday, so we can hit the museum first thing Friday confused24.gif
Dr Evil
I want to get in on Thurs. I am taking my Family Medicine Board exam on Thurs and want to leave town afterwards. I will need some drink.
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 2 2013, 08:28 PM) *

I will need some drink.

914itis
I will try to get there at meet time Friday morning. Can someone post the address to the museum.
scotty b
QUOTE(914itis @ Feb 2 2013, 08:40 PM) *

I will try to get there at meet time Friday morning. Can someone post the address to the museum.

AACA Museum
161 Museum Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

They have a mapquest feature on the site. Just plug in your addy and it will give you Mapquets directions smile.gif
914itis
Thanks Scotty , it looks like a 3 hr drive for me. I will try to leave by 5 am.
scott_in_nh
If able, this is a better, more interesting and more fun reason for me to go to Hershey than the swap meet - come in a day earlier and leave a day earlier...
wndsnd
I'm in,

Not sure what I will be driving.

Can someone send me the hotel info?
914itis
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Feb 3 2013, 09:29 AM) *

I'm in,

1071 East Main Street
Palmyra PA 17078

For reservations, call 717-838-1324 or 717-838-8902.
Eric_Shea
Updated with lunch and Gettsburg information.

Here's a thought, as there are only so many hours in the day; if we could trim the museum time back to two hours, I think (me personally) that would give us plenty of time to shoot pics of cars and Oooo and Aaaa. That would potentially get us to lunch and Gettysburg an hour earlier... idea.gif

?
zymurgist
Not sure. I love me some Hofbrauhaus though.
GaroldShaffer
I plan to make Hershey again this year, but not sure if I would be able to get there thursday. If I can I will have my truck & hopefully a trailer full of crap junk $hit um, valuable parts biggrin.gif so I would need to bum a ride with someone for Fridays events.
JmuRiz
Talking about this exhibit right now at the 356 POG brunch. Let us know when you plan to go up, it may work with this crowd if you don't mind 10-15 356 guys caravanning.
scotty b
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 3 2013, 08:08 AM) *

Talking about this exhibit right now at the 356 POG brunch. Let us know when you plan to go up, it may work with this crowd if you don't mind 10-15 356 guys caravanning.

I brought it up to D. Miller and has was going to talk to Wills about it as well. Hope this doesn't get TOO big unsure.gif
struckn
Sounds like a great day to me, I'm in. Also after Gettysbury I'll bail out and head home, then rejoin you next morning at the meet.

I'm planning to go to the Museum Weds this week and will post Pictures afterwards.

Doug

bye1.gif

carr914
can dANNY come along?
struckn
slap.gif No
gms
count me in Eric, want to caravan?
Eric_Shea
Meet you at Hwy. 30 and the Turnpike around 8:30-9:00 Thursday AM biggrin.gif

Hell yeah... let's caravan. We'll be staying in Bettendorf, IA (probably) Wednesday night. Leaving at 6:00AM. Last time that put us in Hershey around 7:30 I believe. Just in time for wings and brews at Underdogs.

Bartlett 914
I will do my best to make it this year. Sounds like good fun!
type47
add me to the interested list.
gms
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 5 2013, 02:26 PM) *

Meet you at Hwy. 30 and the Turnpike around 8:30-9:00 Thursday AM biggrin.gif

That is a little early can we make it 10? biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
You'll have to catch up...
Johny Blackstain
when exactly is the swap meet? unsure.gif
struckn
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 6 2013, 11:00 AM) *

APRIL 20TH 2013.
type47
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 6 2013, 11:00 AM) *

http://cpa-pca.org/swap/index.html

Johny Blackstain
Cool... thx for the info. Never been & perhaps it's time I went. popcorn[1].gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Feb 3 2013, 09:29 AM) *

I'm in,

Lot's of time John you can finish her up! cheer.gif

What other New Englanders are going?
bulitt
Simple route to drive through the battlefield, little and big roundtops and the confederate line. takes about 20 minutes.

Click to view attachment
tdgray
Darn headbang.gif

I would really like to do the museum but I can't get there Thu night... having trouble moving things around as it is to get there Friday night...

Still up in the air
Eric_Shea
You feeling OK Todd? You look a little pale. Do you have a fever? I think you should probably take the day off and have a long and restful weekend.
struckn
Alrighty then, spend yesterday up at the AACA Museum and enjoyed the exhibites. So much to see, if you go you'll love it. Here's pictures as promised.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

struckn
more from Hershey.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
struckn
THERE"S MORE!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I took a lot more but this is enough. Besides the Porche cars, there are many amazing vintage cars, busses, trucks, bikes and displays that you will enjoy.
It's a realatively new Museum, 3 stories plantly to see including a Drive in Movie and Dinner inside.

Enjoy, see you there.

Doug
tdgray
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 7 2013, 12:37 PM) *

You feeling OK Todd? You look a little pale. Do you have a fever? I think you should probably take the day off and have a long and restful weekend.

Why yes ....now that you mention it erc ....yes I think I might be biggrin.gif

Its family stuff

Most likely I will only be able to come down Friday and have to leave Saturday afternoon

Will still work on it

type47
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 7 2013, 05:35 AM) *

Cool... thx for the info. Never been & perhaps it's time I went. popcorn[1].gif

Thought you were going to enter your creamsicle in the Hershey concours ... or was that some other concours?
Eric_Shea
Nice pics. Thanks Doug.
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif

Should we check with the museum and restaurant for reservation requirements? Advance tickets?
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 24 2013, 09:54 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Should we check with the museum and restaurant for reservation requirements? Advance tickets?

Probably would be a good idea since half of the Porsche universe will be in town. How about a good head count on who is planning on being part of this so we can go ahead and look into getting special priviledges happy11.gif
VaccaRabite
I don't think that the Hofbrauhaus takes reservations. For lunch, they will not be needed anyway. Abbottstown is ~35 miles from Hershey and 15 miles from Gettysburg. Its usually quiet for lunch.

I've got a route that is more or less direct from Hershey to Abbottstown, but keeps us uff the highways (15, 83, 30) as much as possible. We will take 30 from Abbottstown into Gettysburg. 60 miles, about 1.5 hours driving time not counting the stop for lunch.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment

Here is a quick screen cap of my proposed route. Once we get out of Harrisburg its mostly rural and hilly until we get to the lunch stop in Abbottstown (circled in red). Then its Rt 30 into Gettysburg. Can take a similar route back, or just take 15 back up to Harrisburg.

Zach
struckn
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 25 2013, 07:19 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Here is a quick screen cap of my proposed route. Once we get out of Harrisburg its mostly rural and hilly until we get to the lunch stop in Abbottstown (circled in red). Then its Rt 30 into Gettysburg. Can take a similar route back, or just take 15 back up to Harrisburg.

Zach

Looks like a good route to me Zach.
Also, here's a webb site for the AACA Museum that has info for purchasing ticket
on line and also info on group rates and tour guides for groups. As for individually buying tickets on line, not a bad idea. Could save us a lot of time getting in and out.

http://www.aacamuseum.org/visit/rates.aspx

Doug
hot_shoe914
Okay, I am off on Thursday and will arrive Thursday evening. I am in.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
GaroldShaffer
I'm in and Brad Mayuer will be with me. We may need a ride or two for Friday's activities since I plan to bing the truck & trailer full of crap I mean very valuable & rare parts. biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll likely be in the same boat.
Can't fit a table, easy up, chairs, cooler, and all the other stuff I usually bring to Hershey in the 914 (if its even driveable.)
Course, if I really get a bee in my bonnet, I could flat tow it.
Dr Evil
Same here. Family, VUE, maybe a trailer for transmission cores.
scotty b
I'm planning on driving the 944 so I'll have one seat. You 2 can duke it out at the hotel. I'll be handling bets for all that want in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.