Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another auction for Oldschool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
And the Winner is: 4BLADES!!!

Thank you to all who bid and support OldSchool. smile.gif

Rick's thread inspired this one. Thank you for taking the lead on this! I'm cribbing most of his guidelines as well.

1) Don't post your bid amount here in this forum. I want you guys to PM me your bid for the the items below.

2) I will announce the winners Thursday night by 10 pm central time.

3) I will not announce the amount of money that was bid for the shirt. keep the posts updated a couple times a day with the high bid.

4) The winner will need to pay pal the amount of the bid to Moniquekhadley@gmail.com after you are notified on Friday, Feb 7th.

5) I will contact the winning bidder and get your address. I will mail the shirt to you at no additional cost beyond your bid.

The first item is an old school t-shirt commemorating the Carrera Panamericana race. It's XL and the tag says "Porsche Limited". New in wrapper, made in the USA.

(edit: to update the guidelines a bit.)
Rusty
And the Winner is... well, winners.

I am going to honor the top three bidders. You lucky guys are:

Treemn
Rick
d914

I'll be sending you PMs this morning!

For those of you who don't know, my hobbies have changed quite a bit. I'm a beekeeper these days.

The second item is a quart of natural (strained, but unpasturized) honey from my apiary. It comes in an old school (1950s) vintage mason jar.
oldschool
Thanks rust...for your kindness.
flippa
I'll bump this back to the top and ride Rusty's coattails with another item for Oldschool.

I have a rear Porsche reflector that I removed from one of my 914 parts cars. I believe it came off a 911 as it looks like it was cut down to fit the 914. I know I have the solenoid for it somewhere, just gotta find it.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

PM me your offers & will announce winner on Thursday as well

Current bid. - $100.00
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif I may need to bid on that honey... chowtime.gif
Rusty
BTT.

Also, if either item hits 50.00, I'll throw in a bottle of strawberry melomel (which is the fancy name for strawberry-honey wine).
flippa
No action on the reflector yet, so I dug through my piles of old Porsche stuff & found something that someone may actually want.

This is the February 1972 issue of Road & Track. It has an article on the Porsche 916....

Click to view attachment

and also a marginally nice review of the 1972 Porsche 914

Click to view attachment

This should appeal to one of you guys that either own a 916 or a homely and overpriced 1972 914.

Kraftwerk
"homely and overpriced two seater"

one man's opinion...
ScoopLV
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Feb 6 2013, 12:11 PM) *

"homely and overpriced two seater"

one man's opinion...

Compare it to the other two-seaters available in 1972:

The Dino 246GT, the Miura, the Ghibli

I'll forgive Road and Track for calling the 914 "homely."
flippa
Hey, at least he said it is excellent.

New bid on the reflector.
rick 918-S
shades.gif icon_bump.gif
Rusty
Folks... this is a gratuitous bump... and notice that I'm going to close my two items out in the morning. I need to rack out early tonight.

Any last minute bids, feel free to send me a PM.

-Rusty
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif shades.gif
Rusty
And the Winner of the Carrera Panamerican shirt is: 4BLADES!!!

And the Winner of the honey is... (suspensful drum roll please)

I am going to honor the top three bidders. You lucky guys are:

Treemn
Rick
d914

Thank you to all who bid to support OldSchool!
FourBlades
Paypal sent to Moniquekhadley@gmail.com!

Thanks for donating the shirt and doing the auction.

John
rick 918-S
first.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif assimilate.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.