Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drove My Teener Today .....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wheelo
Had a good-day out on the road, how-bout you?
Teener runnin?

driving.gif
mikey
Still putting it back together. Will I ever get to drive this d**n thing?
smash.gif
DrifterJay
does it count if I fired up the new motor in the back of my truck this evening mueba.gif
VegasRacer
Drove it like I stole it.
krk
Here in the bay area, only rain (and my occasional poor mechanic-wannabe work) halt my driving. We're currently hitting some rain, and there is one leaking rear caliper that needs attention -- we'll see how it goes over the next few weeks....)

kim.
redshift
Welp, almost lost my life to the front end of a semi that refuses to take turn signals, and brake lights seriously.

It was wet today, but on a dry day, car starts rrrrrRting @ 107 coming off of ******* Parkway onto -radio edit-.

I need a new car, if anyone sees a deal on a CORRECT silver car (74 ONLY, 2.0, inj) in exceptional condition...

Otto's need not apply.

M
Gustl
unfortunately season seems to be over here in Austria ...
it's fuckin' cold and snow is all around us
my 914 has no rust prevention (it lived in CA for about 20 years)

Gustl
SpecialK
Sure I drove my 914 today! Cruising down this curvy-ass country road without another car in sight.................then I woke up! sad2.gif
TonyAKAVW
Yup, I drive mine every day. My commute is only 2 miles, I must be one of the few people in LA who wish I could spend more time in their car during the day.

I wasn't the only one driving my 914 in the neighborhood today :
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=20318

Although I do have another 914 in the garage which at some point in the future will be a V8 conversion. So yes, I drove my 914 today and no I did not drive my 914 today. Both are correct smile.gif

-Tony
bajiared
mueba.gif I drive my 914 everyday..don't matter what the weather is except for snow or ice...then i might have to take my wifes car..going a day without it would just really be a day from hell...

kevin
TheCabinetmaker
See my member title smoke.gif
mack914
Haven't had my car out since last Summer '03. 6 conversion should be done soon. Will post pictures when completed. boldblue.gif
jr91472
yes I drove it, but then the speedo stopped working.... headbang.gif

it is always something.
skline
I have never drivin mine yet. Been a few years in the making. Someday soon I hope to get it out on the road. Even then, I wont drive it everyday. Only on nice days where I wake up and the sun is already shining. I wouldnt want it to get wet or dirty.
Sparky
Gee you need to add another selection to the poll, Can't because of the F'ING SNOW, I had to select Might get it dirty. Then again the salt and sand trucks have been out already.

My best,
Mike D.
SLITS
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 13 2004, 12:47 AM)
Welp, almost lost my life to the front end of a semi that refuses to take turn signals, and brake lights seriously.

It was wet today, but on a dry day, car starts rrrrrRting @ 107 coming off of ******* Parkway onto -radio edit-.

I need a new car, if anyone sees a deal on a CORRECT silver car (74 ONLY, 2.0, inj) in exceptional condition...

Otto's need not apply.

M

You need a hummer, uhhhhhh, I mean Hummer.
d7n7master
Installed roller bearings under jackstands. Gave her a push. Slid right down the driveway. Does that count??? wink.gif
Garland
Yes I did. It's 40 degrees here in Michigan. I was running electric underground power to my pole barn today. I was almost done, and then it hit me. The gate to the yard was open, the big door on the barn was open, and there sat the 73 914 under the cover all put away for winter. I had on the new hat (after cutting off the misalined tag last night) to work in. And I just had to take a ride. Drove 10 miles and it ran great in the cool weather. In the summer the 73 is my daily driver when it's not raining. One more thing, squeeled the tire pulling back out on to the main road. Rare accorance for me. driving.gif Going to make it to the Fall classic in 2005.
J P Stein
Nopers. No AX, no drive....this ain't no toy, ya know. rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
perfect 914 day today in the bay area. all i wanted was to run down to the little punk-rock cafe around the corner (5 blocks) to get some breakfast ...

well, ended up driving her for 2 hours and got there in time for lunch! biggrin.gif

mid '70s and sun, yeah baby! gotta love the california "winter" ...
driving.gif Andy
krk
Heh -- the sixer got a run today to southern lumber -- "no top" means I can carry taller stuff laugh.gif -- got some formica which forced me to take top off and further forced me to enjoy the late morning sunshine.

krk.
redshift
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 13 2004, 01:25 PM)
You need a hummer, uhhhhhh, I mean Hummer.

I think I already gave one.
xsboost90
nope, but i did take the old motor out today!
jd74914
I wish I could have driven mine today. Only 2 problems
1) Its snowing and about 20degrees ohmy.gif
2) The car is still a project and hasn't been driven in 9 years wink.gif (hopefully it will be finished in the spring in time for my prom, I'm only 16) biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Nice day here. biggrin.gif Too busy to take it out. sad.gif Had to work on the bunk house at the lake. mad.gif Oh ya that was fun too. biggrin.gif
mharrison
OK, so mine is under repair currently, but, I did RUN it today! I got it running much better than last weekend! I didn't even have to pour gas into the carbs this weekend!!

Hopefully I'll be driving it soon!

-Matt
ChrisReale
I usually drive mine everyday, but somedays I just walk. The roads in San Francisco offer much more to be desired when a stiff sprung 914 is your only car.
SGB
My car loves cool weather. Today I took it for a long spirited drive over two different curvy mountain roads and back. About 20 mile. Top off and heat on with temps in low 50s. It is running better than ever and I intend to drive it more this winter than last year too. I've been working to seal it up really well and rehab the heating system. I'm gonna take it unless I feel like I wouldn't be safe hidden in a sea of SUVs in bad conditions. I love driving this car, but also love working on it (and it is a good thing I guess, but I really have allmost run out of things to do to it).
Spoke
QUOTE(d7n7master @ Nov 13 2004, 10:06 AM)
Installed roller bearings under jackstands. Gave her a push. Slid right down the driveway. Does that count??? wink.gif

beerchug.gif Now that's dedication!

I drive mine everyday that it doesn't rain or snow. I hate to get it dirty in the rain and most seals leak anyway. Plus my front turn signal enclosures fill with water and have to be dissassembled, emptied and dried out.

Spoke
mikerose
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 12 2004, 11:36 PM)
Here in the bay area, only rain halt my driving. We're currently hitting some rain,

cool.gif Lot's of fog today. But went for a nice ride anyway. biggrin.gif
tracks914
Mine is tucked in for the winter. sad.gif
In April I will redo the tranny then I will drive it again next winter.
For now my joy rides will have to come with skis, an kevlar track and more HP than my teener. (all on a 500lb chassis) rocking nana.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.