Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Depressing sight!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Here's what it looks like at my house.
Part Pricer
Tell me about it! sad.gif

Last night, I got my car ready for Sunday's AX. This morning, I wake up to this in my backyard...
ChrisFoley
It should all be melted by tomorrow am (hopefully) for your event Paul.
I think the weather forecast is for sun and 40s so you will be dry and cold. The tires won't ever get much grip. burnout.gif icon8.gif I bet you get a lot of runs in 'cause there won't be many cars.
I'm supposed to pick up a couple of junk 914s later today, and it is still snowing here. Without stepping outside, I'd say there's close to two inches on the driveway right now.
I'm pretty sure this is the earliest I've ever seen snow stick to the ground in CT, with more than 5 weeks to the official start of winter. sad.gif
crash914
we got a couple of inches here.....and I wanted to get the car on the ground before the snow flew.....shi*
watsonrx13
Hey, what's that white stuff on the ground?

Hope the weather turns for the better for the AX tomorrow...
DNHunt
Just drizzle here. 6 months of the same gray cloud about 200 feet above you. Only things that change are the size of the drops and the speed and direction of the wind. sad.gif

Dave
ejm
Time to put this one away sad.gif
SLITS
Tis the season for spiked tires,
Tis the season for 10W oil,
Tis the season for snow chains,
Tis the season for spin around follies laugh.gif

Got two feet couple weeks ago, but now gone.
skline
I dont know what you guys are complaining about, I think it looks beautiful. You must like it too or you wouldnt live there. We dont see much snow out here on the west coast unless you go up to the mountains. I like the looks of the snow but I would never live in a snowy environment. Besides, I cant stand the cold.
redshift
That is beautiful, and seeing it FOR REAL takes me to another universe. I love snow...

Wish I was there...

M
Eric_Shea
Come on out... We've got 5 feet in my backyard.
Rhodes71/914
Got our first dusting 5 days before Holloween, pretty typical for the us here just east of the Cascades. Have had a couple more since. Funny thing here is we can have a long period of high pressure in the middle of winter adn the roads can be dry for weeks.
My 914 doesn't do well on the ice, I wont try that again.
FriarJohn
Ah, I love arid climates. Went for a ride on my scoot this morning.

Of course it was about 32° and sunny, and I had at least three layers on, but it was fun nonetheless.

clap56.gif boldblue.gif aktion035.gif
STL914
Here's what it looks like at my house

Chris,

I spent about a year and a half working in Farmington, and one of the things I loved about the area was the snow. My wife and I were staying on the Cape during Thanksgiving and woke on to snow. Loved it. wub.gif

Raised in Wis, I know all about the white stuff, and actually miss it here near St. Louis. Any snow we get
is usually gone the next day. I've been here for almost
15 years now, and my X-country skis have sat in my garage all that time.
jd74914
Chris stop complaning (lol) we've onlygot about 2inches of snow here which isn't too bad, but. . . . . .

My dad and I are supposed to finish shingling our new garage. I like snow but this sucks!!!! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Jim
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Nov 13 2004, 09:55 PM)
My dad and I are supposed to finish shingling our new garage. I like snow but this sucks!!!! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Don't get me wrong,
I like snow just fine. I just didn't expect it for a few more weeks. I'm not ready yet, like you. unsure.gif
BTW, the garage progress looks good from the street.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.