Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914 shop dolly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
shuie
I made this dolly to use during my floor pan replacement. The car is sealed up and coming off, so I don't need it any more. I have a pretty small workspace, so I want it out of the way.

If you are handy enough to replace the floor pans in your car then you are handy enough to make a tool like this. However, if you are like me, then you have a very limited amount of time to work on the car. Buying something like this might give you an extra weekend to get your floorpans cut out, blast or spray the car, etc..

The casters are 7" and rated for 450lbs each. The 2" square tube is 1/8" wall. The front and rear sections bolt into the suspension points and are tied together with 8ft long 1.5" square tube sections. This thing is rock steady and made it really easy to move the tub around in a small space. It provided plenty of access from under the car to replace the floor pans.

$200, local pickup only in (70769).

Here's a couple of pics of the car on the dolly and a link to an album with some others.

IPB Image

IPB Image

More pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107861180013354460732/914dolly

euro911
Wow, nice dolly. Wished I was closer, could really use that ... need to rebuild the suspensions on several cars.

Guess I'll have to build a dolly out of 4x4s and some big HF wheels
euro911
Duplicate post (old PCs suck)
db9146
Looks like it might knock down into front and rear sections and the two 2x2 supports in between, correct?

I'm interested. In-laws live in Vicksburg, MS. Could pick it up on the next trip out for a visit.
shuie
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 4 2013, 11:03 AM) *

Looks like it might knock down into front and rear sections and the two 2x2 supports in between, correct?

It's a separate front and rear frame (both 2") that bolt into the suspension points. The front bolts up to the where the cross member mounts. The rear bolts to the suspension consoles on the outside of the longs. The middle longitudinal pieces are just 8ft sections of 1.5" square tube and are removable. I only used those to couple the two frames together when moving the tub around. I think the floor pans are ~21" off of the ground with the casters in place. A floorjack fits perfectly under the center of each frame, so you can also remove the casters and use either like a set of jackstands.

It's total overkill for a roll-around dolly, but it made working on my car easier. I figured someone might be able to use it.

Here is the front:

IPB Image

IPB Image

And you can see how the rear attaches in this pic:

IPB Image
Vysoc
Shuie,

The other gentlemen probably has first dibs but I will commit to buying and pay for it, if you could hold the dolly until I can pick it up?
I may need some time as this is my busy season.

Let me know?

Vysoc-PM Sent flag.gif
shuie
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 5 2013, 06:00 PM) *

Shuie,

The other gentlemen probably has first dibs but I will commit to buying and pay for it, if you could hold the dolly until I can pick it up?
I may need some time as this is my busy season.

Let me know?

Vysoc-PM Sent flag.gif

Sold - pending funds & pickup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.