Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior re done in TJ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
One of the San Diego members said they had there seats and paint done in TJ. Would you recomend a special shop, and how is the Quality and price?

Bernie icon14.gif
Mr.C
I had my seats re-done in T.J. and have mixed feelings about it. I had it done at the first upholstery shop you come to as you make your first right after crossing the border.

They broke the passenger adjuster lever used funky mismatching screws behind the head rest and to top it off they gave them to me with glue all over the seats! When I pointed it out the dude takes the seat in back and comes back with the seat all clean, problem was he used GASOLINE! I then made him get two trash bags to put the seats into and tape them shut cause the fumes would of killed us driving home.

One year later they are holding up pretty good except for one spot that came unglued, no big deal. Only paid $150.
Mr.C
I also forgot to take the bottom cushions. Got the material just been lazy.
Lawrence
That's very nice work for 150... and far better than trying to do it yourself.

-Rusty
Red-Beard
John Rogers uses "Los Panchos". I've been planning on going down with the Blond for a Paint job.

The do body word, paint and interiors.

They were also recommended by a person where I work.

What exactly did you have done for the $150? Did they re-do all of the vinyl too?

Not having time to negotiate the interior down in TJ, I have the seat cushions, seat backs and a couple of seat head rests fixed with some nice cloth BMW material and match vinyl for $225 at Ocean Beach.

The previous seats cloth inserts had faded because they used interior house fabric instead automotive fabric.

James
bernbomb914
Is John Rodgers out there?

Bernie
Mr.C
Thanks Rusty...............I had both seats totally redone and a ripped section on the back pad replaced. I'm gonna try Los Panchos next time, where exactly are they located? I'd rather go somewhere that has been tested and does good work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.