Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Sighting in Illinois yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nynone4
I passed an orange 914 with Fuchs wheels yesterday morning a bit after 9 am on my way up to Schaumburg to have my MINI serviced. The car was going south on route 55 while I was going north - near Braidwood. Itsa914 - was that you... or anyone else here?
GaroldShaffer
Yep, that was me. Going to see Mr. Mayuer. wavey.gif

Funny thing, after leaving Brad's on 116 east, I seen the green V8 from the MWC on a trailer heading west towards Brad. smile.gif
prouty914
I have just arrived in Chicago - my 914 is in Boston. What club/entusiast activities should I look for out here?
GaroldShaffer
This past year I have hosted a 914 Breakfast the 2nd Saturday of each month. I will start again in Jan 05 (no car needed). There is also the Mid West Classic held in the Detroit(ish) area in August. That was a nice weekend, car show, fun run, overall a great time. There were 43 cars there.

We just had the Fall Foilage Classic in October down in Columbus Indiana (about 3 hrs from Chicago) Had a great tim ethere also, poker run, car show, and fun run. There was about 20 cars there.

All these "events" are posted here. There are a lot AX events with the PCA and SCCA regions here. I always post my SCCA region AX events here.

Oh, welcome to Chicago. smilie_pokal.gif
qa1142
Garold
What are you having Brad do?

I have him ordering front struts for me.
nynone4
I thought that car looked familiar! Funny - I live just up the hill from 116 going the other direction about 6 miles from Brad. Seeing 914s on that stretch of road is a pretty common occurrance - either on trailers or under their own power. It seems like I'm at Brad's a couple times a month for parts, advice, or just to see what he's working on.... biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
What are you having Brad do?

Nothing major. Just a good once over before I put it away. I do that every fall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.