Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do you think about this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I've found this 914-6 on eBay - not really amazingly wink.gif

this is very close to my favourite 914 IPB Image

so, what do you think about it ?
is it worth 21k ?
if the car is that good as it's description, I should consider a serious bid ... type.gif

Gustl
anthony
If it's everything the guy says it is, it's worth the money in my opinion.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl B @ Nov 13 2004, 01:23 PM)
so, what do you think about it ?

no heat ... wink.gif

nice car tho, i'd love to see it sell for that price ...
driving.gif Andy
Lou W
Very Nice smile.gif
Steve
Its a beautiful car but where's the original parts?
-Heat exchangers?
-Air cleaner?
-16" fuchs?
I thought they only came with 14" fuchs?
joea9146
Looks like they took the MFI off the 2.2E
Gustl
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 13 2004, 10:33 PM)

-16" fuchs?
I thought they only came with 14" fuchs?

original were 5 1/2 x 15" steel wheels, optional 5 1/2 x 14" Fuchs or my favourite 5 1/2 x 15" Gasburners ....

I think if selling the 16" Fuchs, you could afford at least a set of the original wheels idea.gif
hargray2
Am I stupid? What is this?
brant
QUOTE(hargray2 @ Nov 13 2004, 02:57 PM)

six cylinder throttle linkage...
b
SirAndy
QUOTE(hargray2 @ Nov 13 2004, 02:57 PM)

yupp biggrin.gif

/6 throttle linkage ...
cool.gif Andy
hargray2
Sheesh! I thought so. Kinda hard to believe the factory would build a piece of shit rig like that.

Why go all the way back to the tranny? Why go around your asshole to get to your elbow?
SirAndy
QUOTE(hargray2 @ Nov 13 2004, 03:11 PM)
Why go all the way back to the tranny? Why go around your asshole to get to your elbow?

to get the right angle ...

remember, the /6 engine is mounted the wrong direction in 9elebens ...
wink.gif Andy
hargray2
I completely understand the engine position.

It still looks way over-engineered.

But, I'm no car designer and I don't have a /6.
If they would have made the sixes for 7 years, they probably would have simplified it
a bit. Who knows?

Thanks Andy
Red-Beard
Geez, the 6 Thottle linkage is art compared to the 4 cylinder tranny shaft linkage! headbang.gif
hargray2
Very true. But they did attempt to improve it.

It's kinda unavoidable.
aircooledboy
I seem to recall this car up on Ebay some time ago, and since I rarely look at E bay anymore, it must have been a while ago.

BTW, "original retractable seat belts" on a 6? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 13 2004, 04:55 PM)

you can retract them by hand ...

biggrin.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
I should consider a serious bid

Don't even think, about it Wolfgang. First of all the guys here will verbally rip this car apart from front blinkerglas to exhaust tip and you will not want it at any price for all of its flaws...that we point out.

Secondly, as much as we like you Wolfgang, no one is allowed from this time forward to take redelivery of these USA 914s back across the pond. It is verboten. We might however consider trading certain valuable 914GTs, 916s, 914/6GTs and even a 914 prototype or two in exchange for each 914 you may be interested in. rolleyes.gif

This is an old law I just made up. laugh.gif
skline
He does state in the auction that H/E's were installed in the last 500 miles. New stainless as a matter of fact.
Eric_Shea
I hope it goes for that too... biggrin.gif

(you're welcome to take mine anywhere you want)
J P Stein
I gotta admit, the throttle linkage looks like a Rube Goldberg SOB.....but it works great. Had they done as well with the shift linkage, 914s wouldn't have gotten the (well deserved) bad rap when they came out.
scotty914
if you want i can do a PPI on it, i am not that far from it and i think i could make time in my busy, busy day to go spank... oh i mean test drive it for ya
ein 6er
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Nov 13 2004, 03:55 PM)

someone here pointed out to me that there was a retactable belt available in the early cars, (dealer option?). page 5, (werkfoto), in the "guide to authenticity", you can see a retracting reel on the drivers side, mounted at the top belt mount point. there is a side view somewhere that shows this reel also, but i can't find it now.

this is a nice looking car!! with the documentation AND 2 engines. i think it's worth $21k ..... IF ... there is no rust hidden somewhere.

someone check it out!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Nov 13 2004, 06:56 PM)
you can see a retracting reel on the drivers side, mounted at the top belt mount point.

i know you can retrofit VW-Bug belts to fit the 914.

they were mounted like that, maybe that was an factory option?
confused24.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Nov 14 2004, 01:54 AM)
Secondly, as much as we like you Wolfgang, no one is allowed from this time forward to take redelivery of these USA 914s back across the pond.  It is verboten.   We might however consider trading certain valuable 914GTs, 916s, 914/6GTs and even a 914 prototype or two in exchange for each 914 you may be interested in.   rolleyes.gif

This is an old law I just made up. laugh.gif

Sorry Jeff, US law is not so familiar to me biggrin.gif

But I've got something to trade ... my teener is held as a hostage for more than 5 years now happy11.gif It came from Cherry Valley, CA.
There is a prototype car, too ... VIN 914120 ... Sportomatic

btw - well spoken German laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
I had a prototype 914 once... Brad stole it. <_<
type47
wow, right in my backyard too.... hope it's not raining on saturday smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.