Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior light switch wiring question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
My Interior light works fine in the always ON position, but my door switches are not operating the light when you open the doors. There is no continuity between the interior light and the gray/brown wires at the door switches. Does anyone know the path of the wiring from the interior light to the door switches? The wire at the interior light is brown with gray paint on it. The wires at the door switches are gray with brown paint on them. There must be someplace where they connect?
76-914
IIRC, it goes down the tunnel in the main harness. There is one brown switching ground that doesn't go below but around & behind the drivers seat, alongside the long and into the cross brace where it connects to the E brake.
TheCabinetmaker
Is this a new switch?
steuspeed
No, these are original switches. The driver one is sticking a bit, but there is no continuity from the switch to the light. The ground wires at both ends all check out. I would like to get new switches and rubber seals if they are available.
JeffBowlsby
Here is the diagram.
Larry.Hubby
The grey/brown wires at the door switches are for the key-still-in-the-igniton-switch-with-the-door-open buzzer. They aren't connected to any of the wires at the interior light, so it's not surprising that your ohmeter can't find a connection. It's the brown/grey wire and the brown wires that are involved with the interior light. With either door open, they should all be connected to both the brown/grey wire at the light and to ground. The difference between brown/grey and grey/brown wires is that the first color is that of the basic wire (the background color) and the second color is that of the tracer, but you probably knew that.
dfelz
anyone have some pictures of the wire going behind the drivers seat and where it terminates? would also be interested in seeing the wires connected at the door, mainly where they are connected.

thanks
luskesq
Before chasing wires, I'd confirm with the ohm meter whether the switch (no wires attached) is functioning. If so you can eliminate it from being the source of your problem.

Keith
steuspeed
@Larry OOOOOOHHHHhhhhhhh.... I just need the brown wires to connect to ground. I pulled my door buzzer relay so the GR/BR wires do nothing.

@Keith The door switches are working, but the drivers sticks a bit. I checked them with no wires connected.

@Jeff The color schematic is very helpful. I need a big one of those.

@David I'll try and snap a pic for you next time I take the door switch out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.