Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what's a good 914 service manual?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FAT DANNY
my 914 (73 2.0) ran pretty good. it's mostly stock except for the carbs. it recently started running rich so i'd like to go through it myself.

i was wondering what a good manual for repairs would be. i saw it mentioned to a new guy here a few days ago but i can't find the thread. i tried the search option but nothing related came up.
Kirmizi
The Haynes manual is probably the basic "go-to" manual for me.
Other than that, I've printed out numerous reference articles from The World and Pelican sites for more detailed information. biggrin.gif

Mike
FAT DANNY
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Feb 5 2013, 05:06 PM) *

The Haynes manual is probably the basic "go-to" manual for me.
Other than that, I've printed out numerous reference articles from The World and Pelican sites for more detailed information. biggrin.gif

Mike

thanks dude, i'll pick one up.
billh1963
Hard to beat the official factory workshop manuals plus a few world and pelican articles
mr914
Get a haynes manual. Has 90% of the info you need. That is still my go to book. The older Clymer manual is helpfull to.

After that, look at the tech articles on the bird board and here.

Factory manuals are nice, but not really necesary unless you have a factory 6 or are doing major body straightening
billh1963
QUOTE(mr914 @ Feb 5 2013, 08:44 PM) *

Factory manuals are nice, but not really necesary unless you have a factory 6 or are doing major body straightening

You must not have a set.... poke.gif

lol-2.gif
FAT DANNY
thanks all. i'll get the haynes and begin with the easier tasks.
billh1963
I was just teasing mr914. The Haynes manual is great for most stuff with world and pelican as backup
struckn
agree.gif

The only other idea might be Goggle and you tube. Start with this one.
Remember the 914's are VW Engine's type 4 or Bus and the proceedures are the same but use the settings specifed in one of the 914 manuals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtNARLdF58...feature=related
ripper911
The 914/914-6 handbook is helpful as well, and tech tips 700.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.