Click to view attachment

AFTER

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

popcorn[1].gif
Kirmizi
Who drives it? biggrin.gif
balljoint
I like mine with the body coloured bumpers.

I gotta say that I don't like it as much with the chrome.

Sorry dood.
struckn
I lean more towards the stock look but I think it would look better if you where to go with fender flares too. However, you should keep if you like it and that's the look your going for, nothing wrong with it. Wondering, if you've notice any change in performance, is it functional?

bye1.gif
Elliot Cannon
With all due respect for your wife and kids. I think it looks great. You may however notice a slight rise in oil temp. Maybe. I really like the look.
eric9144
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 5 2013, 07:40 PM) *

With all due respect for your wife and kids. I think it looks great. You may however notice a slight rise in oil temp. Maybe. I really like the look.

agree.gif

I like the look, but I'm also biased because I run one too. beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
Just take the rubber part off and you have a nice option!
jsayre914
Its faster now. biggrin.gif
driving.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 5 2013, 07:04 PM) *

IMHO it looks sleeker with the OE front valance, but you need to straighten that ding & repaint it.

Back in the 70's there was an aftermarket spoiler/valence which had essentially the OE valence profile with a flexible synthetic rubber blade spoiler coming off the lower-rearward portion of the stock valence.

Think of a thin black flexible spoiler blade about 3" deep coming out at about 60 degrees below horizontal from the lowest point on your stock valence.

IIRC Performance Products & a few other aftermarket "Porsche-hauses" sold them. Wish I could find a pic of one in my old PP catalogs! dry.gif

IMHO those were best looking, and the flexible blade bent if you hit a tire stop, curb, driveway apron - so it wouldn't break the blade nor the GFR resin valance portion.

Love that Alaska Blue!!!! drooley.gif wub.gif

PS - get Mikey's repro bumper top pads for those bumpers. That dimpling on yours means it's rusting at the stiffener & studs inside, and it will eventually crack on the top &/or underside, then dribble rust down on that nice chrome bumper & sweet paint! His have better/less porous "rubber" & SS metal innards & studs which won't rust -ever! Better than OE!
mittelmotor
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 5 2013, 09:01 PM) *

That looks great w/o the rubber!
d914
whose car??? keep it!!!!

but then again I'm divorced!! What do I know!!!!!!
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(mittelmotor @ Feb 6 2013, 01:27 PM) *

agree.gif aktion035.gif
Mike Bellis
I am an air dam guy. But I think it looks better on Elliot's car. Yours looks better stock.

But I believe you should do whatever you like. smile.gif Why would you care about what I like on your car? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 6 2013, 06:16 PM) *

agree.gif aktion035.gif

agree.gif

your 914 needs more exterior mods to pull off the extension. As it is it doesn't fit with the rest of the car.
The wife and kids may find this more appealing too...
jsayre914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Feb 6 2013, 07:04 PM) *

Why would you care about what I like on your car? confused24.gif

I never said I care about you guys wub.gif
was just looking for feedback poke.gif

laugh.gif
somd914
Agree that it is your car, so do with it what you want.

With that said, I also agree that if it were me, I would go w/o the rubber skirt - too much for an otherwise stock car IMHO.

I like mine, see below, but with that said, there will be those who say otherwise...

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
If you keep the air dam / rubber skirt combo be careful with steep driveways, big speed bumps, etc. When my car was lowered (below), I couldn't get out of my driveway without hitting the rubber skirt. Now you may think no big deal it's rubber, but the problem is that if you hit the skirt hard enough it will deform the air dam and may cause it to crack. Mine was cracked in three places before I eventually dumped it and went back to the stock valance.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Nice pics.
toadman
Does anyone have pictures of this front spoiler, with and without the rubber extension, on a 1975 or 1976 car with the safety bumpers?

I have the LE spoiler on my 1976 car and am considering something deeper.

Also, does anyone have pictures of this spoiler, with and without the extension, on a car with the Rennenmetal flat towing bracket? I am curious about potential tow bar clearance issues and what people have done to solve clearance problems.

I would like to have a deeper spoiler on my car all the time but I want to be able to flat tow it, too, without having to take the spoiler off. That may mean that I would have to do a little cutting on the spoiler and I wonder if anyone has done that already.
RickS
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 6 2013, 03:16 PM) *

agree.gif aktion035.gif

totally agree - next best is stock
fastfingers
Rather than answer your question. dry.gif

I did the exact same thing to two 914s I owned in the '70s and want to point out the obvious. You now have lower ground clearance. The reason I mention this is that I totally messed up one of my air dams while driving on uneven pavement where there was a slightly high crest in the middle of the lane. If I recall, it cracked the air dam and I had to replace it -- and avoid driving in that area.

The car looks beautiful and I love those Fuchs on that color car.
Mikey914
I like the fiberglass alone, but it's a little cleaner.
Sorry no safety bumpers
KELTY360
I had that same choice 3 years ago. Car was being repainted and I had an LE spoiler ready to put on. After a lot of deliberation I decided I liked the sleek look of the stock valance with body colored bumpers. I've been very pleased with that decision. I think it makes the car look a little longer.

Click to view attachment

thomasotten
I like it better before....but the spoiler looks cool. Just keep both and alternate! :-)
worn
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 6 2013, 10:50 AM) *

Its faster now. biggrin.gif
driving.gif

I had the idea somehow that the front air dam provided more stability at speed. In my mind the question isn't how it looks but how it drives, and from what I have heard the front is quite an effective place to start controlling lift. Hope you are pleased.
sean_v8_914
i like the LE version
i dont like that rubber thing (garage door base seal?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.