Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new OEM window glass- sides & vents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Julian
Ok, so it's time to deal with window glass installation, problem is, I don't don't have any of it. So I need to purchase it and haven't had alot of luck locating decent used glass headbang.gif . I have researched the lightwieght polycarb/Lexan windshields and door glass but don't think it makes sense for this project. The weight reduction would be nice, but I'm more concerned about the clarity and longevity of the glass. So where can I find a full set of "really nice" clear glass for a 74?

Any information would be helpful, pricing, installation technique, availability, used vs new, ect..

Thanks,

Chris
McMark
I can't imagine HPH doesn't have it. PartsHeaven should have it as well. Prices will be more than private parties, but you'll get the parts you need sooner.
914werke
What do you need clear or tint Ive got a bunch. Shipping might be a killer though
Garland
I bough a new windshield on E-bay a few month's ago. This Guy was great to deal with. Shipping was crated very well and he knows the glass bisseness. The price was good he talked about knowing the 914 drivers wont want to pay the price he gets from the 911 owners. The glass looks great. I have not put in yet, still working on the body.
This was the auctions description:

Just received a shipment of Porsche 914 2 Dr Coupe green tint (no shade band on top) windshields that fit from 1970-76. Glass was manufactured in 2004 by Safevue, one of the leading manufacturers of foreign car windshields for more than 25 years. They are top quality and priced well below what glass shops charge. It costs the same to ship 1 or a few if there is a need for more than 1 in your area. 

All glass is  expertly packaged to arrive safely in a timely manner. Local pick up or delivery available in the Boston area.

ProSource Glass International

Andover, MA 01810

Tel:877-345-2800 Toll Free US & Canada

Tel:978-975-5400; Fax:978-975-5300
hi ho silber
Anyone else out there use this guys windshields?

I called he has a shipment coming in March.

Tint $175 Shaded (band across top) $185
+25 for crate
+90 ship to STL MO

My glass guy said Safevue are made in Africa and PPG made in China.
Only PPG I can get is Shaded.

Can someone point me to a good picture of a teener with the shaded
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.