Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Place in Oregon for transaxle work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine9three
As the title states, I'm looking for a service facility to repair a (901) transaxle in Oregon. As typical for most 914's 2nd gear syncros are showing some age. Your assistance in locating a shop is appreciated.

Rennsport in Portland
JRust
Ship it to Dr Evil. Or get a spare to send him. Then you drive it while its getting g built. He is even doing one as an auction to help out Old school. Check out the helping a fellow member thread out
shoguneagle
agree with JRust!! Had Doc build me a transaxle to meet 3.2 Sixer engine and road driving. No hickups and an excellent job. Timely build, delivery, and all the rest.

Doc does support our 914 sickness through excellence, involvement, and support to others.

Steve
cary
I have 2 sitting on the shelf that could be borrowed while yours is out for refreshment.
These are both side shifters.
I guess we could use the lift and do a swap some Sunday afternoon.
Its about a 3 beer job.

In my stash I have a couple tail shifters . But I have no idea how they function.
drgchapman
QUOTE(396 @ Feb 5 2013, 10:11 PM) *

Rennsport in Portland

That is Rothsport in Tualatin.
Jeff Gamroth.
503 885 9626
Dr Evil
Thanks for the support, guys. Nothing beats happy customers for advertizing thumb3d.gif

I always encourage you to call the shops, their prices are another large driving force that brings business my way smile.gif
Mikey914
Gamroth is good, if he's busy there's Allen at A&P Specialties on 82nd. He' rebuilt one for me allready.
-Mark
nine9three
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 6 2013, 05:03 PM) *

Thanks for the support, guys. Nothing beats happy customers for advertizing thumb3d.gif

I always encourage you to call the shops, their prices are another large driving force that brings business my way smile.gif

Dr. E,

Just ordered your DVD. If we could get you out west (again) I would definitely look into booking a room for the WCR 2013. I might just do that anyway. Look forward to working with you regardless. beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
agree.gif

I have done 3 transaxeles at 2 Dr. Evil clinics and each and every one has performed flawlessly since!

I can't wait to do another............in the East Bay! shades.gif
BKLA
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 6 2013, 09:56 PM) *

Gamroth is good, if he's busy there's Allen at A&P Specialties on 82nd. He' rebuilt one for me allready.
-Mark

agree.gif

Rothsport is great if you have lots o cash, cuz he only likes big bucks 914s

Dr. Evil is better if you have time. (Best money I ever spent on a DVD!!!!!)

A&P is great & local. Have two boxes rebuilt by him. Carbs too. (The 914 artwork hanging in his shop was done by yours truly biggrin.gif
r3dplanet
A&P has been 50/50 for me. Do not let them touch your D-Jet if you have one. Or brakes.

They once decided to "fix" my fuel injection system by messing around with the manifold pressure sensor. And by fix I mean destroy. The actual problem was tired vacuum lines and throttle body gasket which I fixed myself in last winter's D-Jet-Do-Over.

On another occasion they replaced my brake calipers as part of a "complete brake job." They didn't replace the worn out rotors, the system leaked all over the place, and the "guys in Seattle" they sent to rebuild the calipers did a hideous job. The same calipers were sent to Mr. Shea a year later where they were determined to be useless as cores. And all for only a thousand bucks.

Twice I've had my car leave running worse than when I brought it in.

Having said all of that, they did super work on my 944 for many years. I believe them to be good people, but it's clear to me that 914 work isn't their strong suit.

-marcus

QUOTE(BKLA @ Feb 7 2013, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 6 2013, 09:56 PM) *

-Mark

agree.gif

Rothsport is great if you have lots o cash, cuz he only likes big bucks 914s

Dr. Evil is better if you have time. (Best money I ever spent on a DVD!!!!!)

A&P is great & local. Have two boxes rebuilt by him. Carbs too. (The 914 artwork hanging in his shop was done by yours truly biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.