Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what I brought home today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
The green one was driven regularly until an oil gallery plug blew out some years ago. It was garaged since. The other two don't have much left of value, but the deal was that I could have the good one if I took the others away.
My wife hasn't seen them yet, and I don't know where to hide them. unsure.gif The garage is nearly full, and so is the back yard. I guess the sawzall-smiley.gif will be busy tomorrow, at least on the junks.
ChrisFoley
I guess the picture would be helpful.
Sparky
Mary must be a saint! Then again I'm trying to justify selling one teener to pay for finishing the other while looking at Formula Vee and Formula Mazda stuff...

My best,
Mike D.
Rhodes71/914
I get enough from my wife just having 2 old cars in the garage, can't imagine if I came home with that.
Green car looks nice though.

Have fun sawzall-smiley.gif
joea9146
Good Deal.... Just cover them with Leaves... biggrin.gif
Mr.C
COOL! The green one looks like mine. I am not so lucky, I can't bring home anymore strays. That's too bad, cause I found a 928 the other day I wanted really bad.
jim912928
cabasa...get the 928 get the 928 get the 928...you won't regret it!
Mr.C
Yeah I want to BAD! But I already have two 914s a 944, 911 and a project motorhome. I need to downsize. wacko.gif
Part Pricer
Chris,

Just tell Mary that the green one is for her. She won't even notice the other two. wink.gif
scottb
i can store the green one but west springfield says i must hold the title too...... biggrin.gif

good find!!!

i see you have snow down in ct too.... salt on the roads and the season is officially over..... sad.gif
ChrisFoley
Any of you ladies need a new bra? (well, not quite new) I don't wear them. laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
Car on right. The boards keep the center from touching the ground. laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
Hell hole shot. At least the suspension is still attached.
ChrisFoley
Hell hole in the center car.
ChrisFoley
Trailing arm is nearly free from it's mounts.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 13 2004, 02:55 PM)
Hell hole in the center car.

ahh, common, you can fix that!

icon8.gif Andy
Allan
Cover then with white tarps and nobody will notice until spring. biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
Fred and Barney would have paid good money for the center car. laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
The '73 has decent chrome bumpers and airdam.
ChrisFoley
Rear.
ChrisFoley
It's gonna need a bit of metal work though.
ChrisFoley
Left fender.
ChrisFoley
The engine has Dellortos and some sort of cam (the PO said).
ChrisFoley
The interior isn't too shabby, but it needs a steering wheel.
ChrisFoley
I gots five of these for sale, all in VG condition if I'm not mistaken. (will inspect closer in the morning)
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 13 2004, 04:40 PM)
Chris,

Just tell Mary that the green one is for her. She won't even notice the other two. wink.gif

grouphug.gif Sounds like a plan to me. clap56.gif
It'll be her Christmas present in 2008, when I finish working on it. biggrin.gif
jd74914
You're restoring them all Chris?
I love that trailing arm and wheel. ohmy.gif

You can hide them in the cat tails next to your house wink.gif , noone will ever notice them.

Jim w00t.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 13 2004, 05:52 PM)
Car on right. The boards keep the center from touching the ground. laugh.gif

JP! It's a JP-Mobile! The wood is a nice touch.

I like it!

M
Jamie
Dear God!! Those rust shots make me want to run out to the garage and spray acid fixer all over the teener!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Nov 13 2004, 09:29 PM)
You can hide them in the cat tails next to your house wink.gif , noone will ever notice them.

lol, If I push them down that hill they're never coming back out! ohmy.gif
Rleog
.....looking at that trio makes me feel that mine wasn't such a bad pickup after all!

Here's to ya! beer.gif
watsonrx13
Chris, what's your intention, repair then sell? Hopefully you will get another teener back on the road.

Doesn't look like there's much left from the 2 rust buckets.

Don't forget to log the VIN's of the rust buckets. Anyone know where the thread is for logging the scrapped VIN's?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.