Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: customer service. WOW!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i just finished being treated first rate by daniel. easy, easy. top shelve. i love phone orders. i priced the stuff out. the delorto manual is over $10 cheaper than elsewhere. iaf needle screws, the little o-rings, springs for the screws, the little metal caps. priced right.

you guys running carbs that have never replaced the idle a/f screws, rings, springs and caps, should spend $25 and rule out one carb issue for a long time.

k

ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 6 2013, 02:43 PM) *

i just finished being treated first rate by daniel. easy, easy. top shelve. i love phone orders. i priced the stuff out. the delorto manual is over $10 cheaper than elsewhere. iaf needle screws, the little o-rings, springs for the screws, the little metal caps. priced right.

you guys running carbs that have never replaced the idle a/f screws, rings, springs and caps, should spend $25 and rule out one carb issue for a long time.

k

I've been thinking about this one Kev. I still need to pull the carbs off one more time (changing idles and mains made a huge difference though!) because the throttle shafts are indeed twisted/bent slightly, which I believe is causing the last little bit of hesitation/lean coughs from the progression circuit. The next is all new mixture screws and the associated hardware. What did they charge you for shipping? This is why I avoided CB after being wayyyy overpriced for shipping in the past.
nathansnathan
cb performance was the company that pioneered using italian carbs on vw engines back in the 70's. They literally wrote the book, tomlinson being the family name. The son wrote the dell book, the dad, the weber one. They were the first to make the manifolds and the linkage and to pioneer the jetting research.

That being said, there stuff today is marginal at best. Their Dell rebuild kits are crap. The jets are horribly machined, the needle inlet valves are unuseble. i got the oem inc stuff from dellorto uk. I don't think I got a/f screws in the kit, but the needle valves, they are viton tipped with decent consistent springs, put cb's to shame.
rhodyguy
george, daniel asked me if USPS was ok rather than UPS to SAVE me on shipping. the little stuff will fit in the padded envelope.

nice to know the items not to buy nathan.

this was about customer service. where ever you get them, replace the ia/f needle screw items.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.