Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to rebuild and setup a set of Weber 40s?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
I have two Weber 40 IDFs and new rebuild kits. IIRC, they're missing one of the air bypass bits. I really can't remember. The carbs also saw some water, so they need to be soaked, and probably have the passages opened up, cleaned and then plugged. My patience for working on carbs on this level just isn't there right now.

Is there anyone here that would like to rebuild a set of carbs, or recommend someone reputable? I can give only general motor specs at this time, but I think we can get it close based on those specs. So part of this would involve probably ordering some parts for the carbs. I can ship everything I have anywhere in the US. I'd rather not go international for this. *wink*

Just let me know if you're interested and what your basic rebuild price would be not including any parts we may need to purchase.

The time frame isn't urgent, but I don't want this to turn into a three month project. It's important that you've done this before and you're not winging this. I'd like this to be win-win for both of us. You make some money, I get a fresh set of carbs.

This will be for a short-stroke, probably 1911 or one step larger on the bore w/ a mild cam. Nothing too fancy, just peppy. Using CSP bellcrank linkage that Mark @ Original Customs sourced.

Thanks in advance!
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Feb 6 2013, 04:10 PM) *

I have two Weber 40 IDFs and new rebuild kits. IIRC, they're missing one of the air bypass bits. I really can't remember. The carbs also saw some water, so they need to be soaked, and probably have the passages opened up, cleaned and then plugged. My patience for working on carbs on this level just isn't there right now.

Is there anyone here that would like to rebuild a set of carbs, or recommend someone reputable? I can give only general motor specs at this time, but I think we can get it close based on those specs. So part of this would involve probably ordering some parts for the carbs. I can ship everything I have anywhere in the US. I'd rather not go international for this. *wink*

Just let me know if you're interested and what your basic rebuild price would be not including any parts we may need to purchase.

The time frame isn't urgent, but I don't want this to turn into a three month project. It's important that you've done this before and you're not winging this. I'd like this to be win-win for both of us. You make some money, I get a fresh set of carbs.

This will be for a short-stroke, probably 1911 or one step larger on the bore w/ a mild cam. Nothing too fancy, just peppy. Using CSP bellcrank linkage that Mark @ Original Customs sourced.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Randy,
I'm sure someone more qualified and with professional experience will chime in, but figured I'd make the offer. I've now rebuilt my 40 IDFs several times over and I have learned the ropes from some of the more experienced members here. I have the ability to completely disassemble and dip them, plus I've learned a couple of tricks along the way. I would probably defer to Bob Tomlinson's Weber tech book
for jetting recommendations, but the rebuild I can definitely do. If you're willing to let a younger, hobbyist give it a shot, send me a PM and I'll be happy to help. If not, I'll humbly pray.gif to the resident experts here. Good luck!

I should note there are some variables here, including whether the carbs are the "newer" or "older" models, and the condition of some components, like the throttle shafts/bores. But that's something that comes in during inspection.

-George
RoadGlue
It looks like I'm going with George. We've been talking via PM and I feel very confident in his abilities. Thanks George!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.