Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing the waters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gwh611
I've moved on to other projects, but I have a complete 914 ('73-2.0) and several boxes of spares in my garage.

I would be willing to sell them to the right person at the right price. Just not to the poster on CraigsList that thinks Rich Bontempi builds "junk".

I'm 1/2 way between San Francisco and San Jose. Pictures will be tough - there's a LOT of spare parts. (FWIW, it look like every other Alaska Blue 914 that needs a re-spray.)

Loser_Cruiser
Where you located? Pictures?
jcb29
Pictures & your geographic location, please.
914werke
OH...& PRICE!!
McMark
$18,000, take it or leave it.
gwh611
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 6 2013, 08:14 PM) *

That must be HK$ biggrin.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(gwh611 @ Feb 7 2013, 02:18 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 6 2013, 08:14 PM) *

That must be HK$ biggrin.gif

I think you can see that you have some interest. Post some pictures and show people what you have!
Kaduku
So I guess he is just testing the waters without any photos and it's working.
vitaminC
QUOTE(gwh611 @ Feb 6 2013, 03:03 PM) *

Pictures will be tough

Selling without pictures or details will be even tougher...

Does it run? Rust? Etc...
carr914
welcome.png

and read the Classifieds Rules please!
Kaduku
What!!!! Still no pics........ Geez
Pat Garvey
i Have a bridge for sale in Arizona.

What? you want pictures and specifics?
billh1963
Interesting that the poster is member 196 and only had one post from 2004. Looks like he takes a while to post....
gwh611
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 14 2013, 03:51 AM) *

Interesting that the poster is member 196 and only had one post from 2004. Looks like he takes a while to post....

True; I no longer eat/sleep/breathe 914's, and I check this site less than once a month. I can be contacted via email through this site.

To answer some of the questions: It's rust free; all rusted panels were replaced with new (galvanized) panels from either RD or AA. The motor and X-axle were rebuilt at HPH. It runs. It has almost all of the "sane" upgrades (ie. phosphor-bronze bushings for the engine lid and pedal cluster, SS brake lines, etc., etc). It was my daily driver for most of the time I've had it, but has been parked for several years while I work on other stuff. I'm on the San Francisco Peninsula.

The reason for "testing the waters" is that I have little time to deal with people that can't understand why a rust-free car with a spec-class motor should sell for more than that roller in front of Pick-n-Pull. I'm guessing that very few have driven a 914 with absolutely no "1st-gear-crunch", or can appreciate what it takes for that to happen.

One person in the area that tried to tell me that HPH motors were "junk". I have neither the time for that nonsense, nor the desire to deal with that sort of person. And I find comments like "here we go again" when "we" is someone I've never met, and "again" when I've been away for almost 10 years very annoying.

If you're serious, I'm easy to find.

Regards,
gwh611
billh1963
I don't think anyone was trying to offend you. A lot has happened in 10 years and between scammers and other 'negative" events people are a little more cynical.

I think there is a fair amount of interest on the forums...especially for a '73 2.0 car. Post a couple of pictures and share some details. You may be pleasantly surprised.
OU8AVW
Common courtesy would dictate one picture and an asking price. That's not too much to ask when you post on an enthusiast's site. If I was in the market for a car I would go right past yours because you offer no picture and who knows what you want for it? You might be one of those idiots that thinks he has a $50,000 car just because it has a Stuttgart badge duct taped to the hood. This works both ways.

Those of us not in the market for your car still keep a close eye on the comings and goings of the 914. This not only fuels our hobby but it lets us keep a handle on the fluctuating values of our cars. Sharing this information is part of being in a community.

If you want to get top dollar for your 914, you may try playing the game for as long as it takes to sell the thing.

Also, this is not Craig's List.....

Good luck with the sale. Something tells me you probably have a pretty sweet ride.

messix
i love ads like this!!!!

i may or may not be in the market for a car in pieces that i have not seen and i may or may not just take the word of some one who just doesn't have time to deal with flakes that want to waste his time but then again i may or may not want to waste my time with a flake "seller" that wont post any type of valid proof and info about some so called rust free car.

you come off as you and your car are to cool for this forum to put any effort into trying to sell this car here.... so why try...... shades.gif

good luck!
sean_v8_914
its like the price is right...you have to guess whats behind door number...first you have to guess what door to pick

your time is worth more than all of our time so we have to play games, 20 questions bs

GO AWAY
sda4property@gmail.com
What BS..!
This guy needs to get off our site.

Gents:
Here is what a 73 & 74 914 look like...!
rjames
Is your goal to put this picture in every thread? poke.gif

QUOTE(sda4property@gmail.com @ Mar 15 2013, 08:10 AM) *

What BS..!
This guy needs to get off our site.

Gents:
Here is what a 73 & 74 914 look like...!
Click to view attachment
Gint
My goal is to delete them. I hope that stops. PM sent to Mr. Anderson.

If someone sends me a reminder (I have CRS), I'll delete this ad later today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.