Full Version: 75-76 Fuel pump Holder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nihil44
The factory manual has instructions for removing the fuel filter for 75-76

1. remove mats and spare wheel from luggage compartment

2. remove cover with console and fuel pump

3. Pull fuel filter forward off of holder

What is the "holder" mentioned in 3. ?

I have looked in the usual places (PET, Haynes, etc) but can't find an illustration of the "holder"

I am converting my 74 to front fuel pump using the factory 75-76 mount (obtained from forum member - thanks) but don't want the square (cube shaped) fuel filter wandering around unrestrained under the fuel tank.

Does anybody have a photo or illustration?

Many thanks

David
SLITS
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Best I have at the moment
76-914
I don't think there is one. If there is I haven't seen it yet. And I've been in there several times. popcorn[1].gif
TheCabinetmaker
There is a bracket for the fuel filter. It looks like the early models that are mounted under the engine shelf.
IPB Image
nihil44
Thanks Curt. Good stuff. Just what I needed.
JFJ914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Feb 7 2013, 11:45 AM) *

There is a bracket for the fuel filter. It looks like the early models that are mounted under the engine shelf.
IPB Image

I cut out the filter holder from the rear of the car and rewelded it in the front as shown.
Cap'n Krusty
You don't say whether you're running a stock 4 with FI, or something else. That's a 911 pump, and it's not likely to produce the correct fuel pressure.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.