Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FANTASTIC FUN RUN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharpOld
I had a kick-a$$ time on the fun run from Corona to Dana Point. biggrin.gif The Bug was smoking. smoke.gif Smoked everybody but Hershel. Yeah, my 2387 T1 passed everyone, and I worked the WRX Sub. biggrin.gif Today I saw 26 914s, We started out with 17 at the parking lot, lost 2 on the way to Ortega, (the drop-outs wimped out and went home to mama), saw 1 at the gas stop, and picked up Mark (Markydoo) in Dana Point. After lunch at Rubys, I saw a white one getting a ticket south bound on PCH suoth of Laguna. givemebeer.gif Urha, Cazadors Pofovora! beer3.gif Great run AAron. Thanks aktion035.gif
Joe
JoeSharpOld
I forgot about the Maita. rolleyes.gif
Joe
Brad Roberts
Aaron,

You ready for some minor "admin" duties ?

B
Part Pricer
I think he is up for it. But, I wouldn't want to see it interfere with his studies.
JeffBowlsby
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JoeSharpOld
Aaron studies between posts. biggrin.gif
Joe
P.S. agree.gif 22 people at lunch, 20 cars at the start, I saw at least 5 cameras. Where are the pics?
skline
Check the main thread, I just posted a bunch. Some of the guys stopped by on thier way home.
/L.
I want to give a" BIG Thanks!" to double A-aron again for organizing the Fun Run. boldblue.gif It was a great day for the drive and the company was quite nice too. w00t.gif
Linda
Aaron Cox
brad..youre dad rocks dude.
Brad Roberts
Today is his 54th birthday. He is cool.

B
redshift
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 13 2004, 08:27 PM)
I think he is up for it. But, I wouldn't want to see it interfere with his studies.

smilie_pokal.gif

laugh.gif

M
Aaron Cox
brad,

your dad and his girlfriend were really cool to have around. that car he has is unbelievable. pray.gif . great guy to hang out with. happy birthday to him....wish i would have known....
jim_hoyland
Thanks Aaron, had a great time...
Aaron Cox
you guys blew me away! when i showed up and 19 cars were there...literally blew my mind... i know of at LEAST 5 more locally that were 'busy' that day. you guys rock!

nice meeting you jim.
glad to put some names with faces clap56.gif
jim_hoyland
Rubys was great too; here's pict of PCH behind Marks "white knight"
MattR
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 13 2004, 03:27 PM)
... I worked the WRX Sub. biggrin.gif ...

We were sitting in the wrx and thinking "how the hell is a beetle keeping up with us? whats under his rear decklid???" I had no idea that was you! I was kinda anti social today... Oh well, there's always the next fun run. Maybe i'll have a car by then confused24.gif...maybe not
MXMARK
Joe, I am sorry for wimping out. I had to go to work. I am still waiting to rip up the mountains with you and your 914 or bug. Thanks Mark
SpecialK
You guys make me feel like I live on a desert island out here in the "MidRust"! Lucky bastiges! finger.gif biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
who owns the convertible? i've never noticed that one before.

kevin
stevedee
You talking about the ragtop? That'd be me. I've had the car a few months.

It was probably done by a company called Wilco back in the early 80's. As I understand it, they chopped the windshield and slanted it down 30 more degrees. Then they chopped off the pillars and added the ragtop. This made them put a solid top over the engine, which is easily removed with just two bolts. Then, for engine cooling, they added the air vents on both sides right behind the door handles.

Steve
Aaron Cox
good to meet you steve. hope you had fun. see you next time wavey.gif
redshift
QUOTE(stevedee @ Nov 14 2004, 03:58 PM)
You talking about the ragtop? That'd be me. I've had the car a few months.

Steve

Steve, sometime, when I get out in your area again, I'd love to have the chance to look over that conversion!

I want to do something similar, before I get too much older.

smile.gif

Miles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.