Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Talk about suspension that works. Pretty amazing IMHO. Makes the high speed corners, when the car is under duress, seem almost easy, when in fact any tiny error at those speeds would be very ugly. And I think those are street tires. blink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa8MFSXZHM
Woody
QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 7 2013, 12:57 PM) *

Talk about suspension that works. Pretty amazing IMHO. Makes the high speed corners, when the car is under duress, seem almost easy, when in fact any tiny error at those speeds would be very ugly. And I think those are street tires. blink.gif

Damn, that is impressive. It's a shame they wont put that suspension on a Cayman.
Randal
QUOTE(Woody @ Feb 7 2013, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 7 2013, 12:57 PM) *

Damn, that is impressive. It's a shame they wont put that suspension on a Cayman.

Now that car would kick some serious butt.

I've had students at our Autox school that have new Porsches and it just blows you away how well the cars handle. Like you take a student into a corner way too fast expecting to upset the car and have a teaching experience.. and the car just squirts through.
byndbad914
the new stuff does handle insanely well - whenever I am on the track with Porsche Cup cars I am always taken aback when I *think* I went deep and hard into a turn and then they pass me dry.gif The car doesn't even look like it is leaning or working at all, instead looks like the driver is on a nice stroll around the track.

Last year I was heading down the straight at the local track and a guy in a World Challenge car rolled right along with me, I hit the brakes, and while my car was squirming to slow down, he just shot right by, hadn't touched the brakes at all, scrubbed speed off with completely stable braking, then proceeded to just drive through the turn faster than I could, and I was on the line pray.gif Freakin' awesome.
Woody
I have some track time in a few of the newer cars. It's amazing the lack of talent required to drive one of these things. I could purposely overcook an entry, feel the back end start to step out and without any input let the computer take over and literally plant the car. Then you just keep steering and roll on the throttle as much as you want. The computer wont let you over do it. The tires sure complain a bunch but just hammer down and let the car track out until your out of the corner.
Sawfish
Interesting but hard to tell whether or not its an impressive lap without a time....Like the driver quits on the last straight and the video is done.

Without a time its hard to say how great it is.
ww914
QUOTE(Sawfish @ Feb 7 2013, 07:53 PM) *

Interesting but hard to tell whether or not its an impressive lap without a time....Like the driver quits on the last straight and the video is done.

Without a time its hard to say how great it is.

...and you wonder if the video is really at normal speed. In any case, fun to watch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.