Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Graphic for T-shirt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72Signal914
Hey guys, I've been doing this for quite a while tonight and I made a proof of possibly a t-shirt, it depends on how many people like it. It can either be on any type of shirt except black (but I can make one for a black shirt). Changes can be made to it you just have to tell me. Graphic T-shirts usually run about $8 or so (I think) someone corrsct me if I'm wrong. Depending on the cost of the t-shirt and how much you want them to sell for we can probably make some cash for Korijo. Since I can't make huge contributions maybe this can really help.I would pay about $20 for the shirt and even if they cost $10 to make, people will buy the shirts (hopefully)

Here's the pic of the proof, Remember NOTHING IS FINAL suggestions would be great or if it looks like crap tell meand i'll scrap the idea
IPB Image I used my car biggrin.gif
djm914-6
I love the design, but I think it would make a better poster than a Tee. Will you be making these or have the work done elsewhere?
Lawrence
Very nice work.. but I agree with Dave.

I'm usually on the lookout for 914-wear, but that image would look much better on a poster. I'm afraid that the impression would be lost on a wavy cloth surface.
72Signal914
I have seen T-shirts with this design on different cars. What kind of design are you looking for on the T-shirt give some ideas and I'll make it. On the front of this T-shirt will be 914World.com in Porsche Lettering in Black. As far as the poster idea, I have no clue where to get those done.
Mike's2nd914
I like the design. I would go for both: a T-shirt and a poster.

Mike
Gint
Great design.
Qarl
That design would look cood with just the 914world.com logo on the front pocket and the full design on the back.

If you are considering having posters made, I can hook you up with some printers here in Orlando.

Regards,

Karl
VegasRacer
QUOTE(kellzey @ May 17 2003, 07:26 AM)
That design would look cool with just the 914world.com logo on the front pocket and the full design on the back.

LOOKS GREAT!!!

Posters, Shirts, Frig magnets, hats, coffee mugs, whatever . . .

$ign me up for one of each.
bernbomb914
I like it, You could fill in the 914 with color to make it stand out better (yellow of course) logo on front pocket and pic on back

Bernie flag.gif
72Signal914
Hey here's another rendition of it, in 2 different colors
Also added a drop shadow on the text

IPB Image

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
add some solid color.....yellow is good. the whole translucent reflection thing is cool, but a car w/ 5 lugs would be cooler too boldblue.gif
rick 918-S
Can you make one of the cars a flared car? The car in the back ground maybe. Or a kind of transforming image from stock to flared car.
72Signal914
I used my car, and it's bone stock, I don't think we should put 5-lugs on it or flared fender because it supposed to be a 914, I'll try to find a nice looking 916 since that has both for the background car, but it's hard to find a good 916 picture. If you have one or can find one send it to me, I'll see what I can do.
Dave Cawdrey
Maybe do an auction with a "LE" model t-shirt. Ya never know...

T-shirt Auction
GWN7
Nice design....

My first job out of highschool was at a silkscreen company. To get the same clarity on a screen print you would have to have a 4 colour seperation done to the original. (read as expensive). The original is photographed and then the colour layers are seperated out (Black, red, blue and yellow) and from each of these a PMT is created. (don't know if it can be done digitaly first)
72Signal914
I well this is actually in RGB (3 layers)since thats what the internet can do, CMYK is crisp as hell and it would be expensive as you say to do it with the 4 layers. I'll have to get a price quote on it and let you all know. If it's feesible then I'll make one print and post it on here. Also, if the design is cool with everyone I can make it for different colored shirts.
markb
Not to rain on anybodys parade, but you might want to lose the porsche logo in the background so they don't come after you for infringement. I like the orange, BTW. smile.gif Is that rust on the hood? It IS a 914, after all. tongue.gif
72Signal914
I'm using the car and that could be infringement also, so.....I don't know? It actualy looks better w/o it.
dagdal1967
I'd be up for a poster and a shirt!

I like the Orange 914 lettering (mostly because it would match my car!) mueba.gif

Love the design!

Doug
boxstr
Jack Excellent job, It looks great. Being in the biz of silk screening at one time, starting in my high school days. It can be done, a little too much detail overall. And the other thing is you lose some of the actual material when laundering. Something that you find on the fine line drawn t shirts that are silk screened.
Not trying to steal any thunder I am tossing in a design I have had sitting around, I saw one like it and tried to buy a t shirt but they were gone, and I don't have clue who's design this is. I modified it to look more like a street car and a little more generic as to a 914-4 or 6 or whatever.
Just my $9.14 worth of input.
CCLINTSHIRTLAND
72Signal914
It's not rust but a shadow of trees when it was in my drive way
GWN7
You need the 4th colour seperation (Black) to get the 1/2 tones for the fine details in the outline.

I made a couple shirts yesterday with this on it.
72Signal914
That would look really good with the other black/white 914
72Signal914
Here's another
boxstr
That look sgood.
CCLINTSHIRTLAND
Qarl
I'll take 2 if you do it like that!

rolleyes.gif
seanery
GWN7,

Brad says thanks for the video! We had it on while working on my car this weekend at SSI. Prolly saw the whole thing at least twice!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

I like what you've done with the car on white, too.
GWN7
Glad you enjoyed it, eh! smile.gif

Did you get any work done, eh!? smile.gif
seanery
No way you hoser!

blink.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif blink.gif
72Signal914
Hey I'm going Friday to get some prices on what the shirts are going to cost. This is going to be on the back. It will probably be a pocket shirt with something on the front (don't know yet)
IPB Image

Any takers. Also, I'm also gonig to make a t-ishirt with the pic in my avatar, kind of vintage (charcoal sketch) with 914world.com in Porsche lettering on the front across the chest. I'm only going to make 1 of each and take pictures and post them.

If anyone is interested in purchasing one E-mail me gatorlca@adelphia.net. Friday or Saturday I should have a price for the shirt.

Also, I'm going to need the address or someway to give the money toward Kojiro's fund after I get everyones money. Let me know.

Thanks
72Signal914
To some request. If you are unsure about what t-shirt I will be using it will be Hanes Beefy T's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.