Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tod914
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Porsch...=item41709796d9

Jumped up in price fast. Curious to see what this one brings.
carr914
It's a friend of mine's - he found a better one. Haven't seen in it for a couple of years, but I can look at it for anybody if interested.

T.C.
ThePaintedMan
Holy crap, there's an original /6 in Tampa? I figured Steve had one but I didn't know there were any others.
carr914
George, there are probably at least 6 or 7 ( of course when I sold 4 in the course of a couple years, the area took a hit). This car is Carlos', he has 2. And his old one is two Blocks from me.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 8 2013, 11:08 AM) *

George, there are probably at least 6 or 7 ( of course when I sold 4 in the course of a couple years, the area took a hit). This car is Carlos', he has 2. And his old one is two Blocks from me.

Oh yeah, you told me about the old one - that's the one the guy is letting sit there and rust in his front yard, right? mad.gif I'd love to see Carlos' if you go check it out, or even just to meet him. I never was able to get a chance to talk to him at European Auto.

carr914
No Not That Carlos - this car belongs to Carlos the Racer (24 Hour of Daytona Winner)

And yes, his Old -6 (a very early car) is rotting away in a guy's yard along with a 71 911T,, 75 Carrera, Two BMW 2002tii's, and a M3
tod914
Sale price US $39,109.98
Hawk
QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 14 2013, 10:10 AM) *

Sale price US $39,109.98

Wow! Nearly $40,000 for a condition 4 car. These 6s are appreciating rapidly in value.
tod914
Body work and paint on that car, what do you think? 10-15k? Rebuilt engine and trans is certianly a major plus.
carr914
No the car ran great & I think a Paint-less Dent Removal Guy could take of most everything on the Body
tod914
TC I meant the engine was done already based upon his description. So a good thang for sure! Nice color. Not often you see metalic green. Seen some pan rot on the car. Kind of figured it would need abit of work to correct that. I guess all said and done, these car are into the high 40's low 50s now.
carr914
Yeah I saw the Rot in the Pictures, I never looked under the car in person & I'm sure the owner didn't either. The eBay seller was not the Owner, but a good friend helping the other guy out.

I had thought it would top out at $35k
Cairo94507
That was a clean appearing car in a nice color. These cars just keep creeping up in value. piratenanner.gif
Hawk
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 15 2013, 08:44 AM) *

That was a clean appearing car in a nice color. These cars just keep creeping up in value. piratenanner.gif

icon_bump.gif

The magnitude of the price increase can be appreciated from the current valuation trend. I would consider this to be a high end condition 4 car. In reality low end beater restoration candidates go for $20,000
Scca Guy
I was the second highest bidder. The car could have gone to a purist (me) but instead it went to a dealer.....back on ebay now with a BIN of 50K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Porsch...=item27d08c72e9

Quick turnaround and handsome profit.......good luck buyer.

Rob
carr914
No Offense, but that sounds like a Poor Loser. If you wanted it bad enough, you should have Bid Higher.
Scca Guy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 8 2013, 11:21 AM) *

No Offense, but that sounds like a Poor Loser. If you wanted it bad enough, you should have Bid Higher.

Maybe so........I was beat buy pittance though.....don't you hate to see these as a commodity (ie something traded only on price)? I prefer to view collectible cars as more than that. Seeing a guy try to profit over 10k on a 2week old purchase seems kind of lousy. Then again maybe he changed the oil.....or maybe I'm just a poor loser dry.gif

Rob
carr914
Rob, like I said No Offense Intended. I have owned at least 6 914-6s and Sold them before the Gold-Rush.

I was at the Original Seller's Place today & he will be Selling another -6 that is much better Shape soon - let me know if you are interested and I probably help you do it off eBay. But it will be more than the last one!

Click to view attachment
jhora
Wow...the prices do just keep going up...need to adjust my insurance accordingly..
DEC
It's now up at the German Ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1970-Porsche-914-6-...=item3ccfa587c0

carr914
QUOTE(DEC @ Mar 9 2013, 09:30 AM) *

That one looks Weird, might be a Scammer. The Price is Low & says the cars is in Brooklyn when the car is in South Florida as the American eBay Ad states
DEC
WTF.gif May be the buyer
Evil914
QUOTE(Scca Guy @ Mar 8 2013, 08:27 AM) *

I was the second highest bidder. The car could have gone to a purist (me) but instead it went to a dealer.....back on ebay now with a BIN of 50K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Porsch...=item27d08c72e9

Quick turnaround and handsome profit.......good luck buyer.

Rob

I agree with you,I'm sick of these dicks like Barrett Jackson on down to the other pricks that have made the collector car hobby into a circus.These are the type of douches that claim to be "car guys" but drive around in a plastic encrusted Cadillac Escalade and might have a Ferrari in the garage that they couldn't push to the limit on the track if their life depended on it.Same type of guy that would pay that illegal alien "mechanic" that he hired for his car lot ten dollars to put sparkplugs in his car 'cause he don't want to get oil on his polyester dress slacks.He's the one who lives by the motto "My stuffs gold,your stuffs shit"Sorry,I had to vent,I'll go back to work
on my 914....... blink.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.