Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dinner at Chris Julians...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
This was a perfect evening, families meeting for the first time, having good food, drink, and dessert. Then capping it by turning on the TV to WATCH VIDEOS OF V8 914S AT THUNDERHILL RACE TRACK! WOOHOO!

Harry owns the purple race/street 914. He just installed a 427 sbc (no miss print). I bought his puny 400hp motor that took his mechanic months to build.

His cousin has a 700hp full race 914 V8 to combat his friendly rivals GT2, Ferrari, and a cobra. Since he owns a production company, nice videos were made.

While the women and kids were inside meeting each other we were firing up Chris' car in his garage/workshop. It is one of the cleanest built V8 cars I have seen. Even Harry's cousin who had his professionally built was impressed. A few more weeks of wiring and fabbing and you will see this car on the road ~12/20.

Everyone had a great time and we're planning a Thunderhill event next year. We want to see how many V8's we can get out on a fast track.
neo914-6
Sounds gooood!
neo914-6
We even got to shift it...
neo914-6
uh huh,
neo914-6
What struts are these? Chris bought them long ago...
neo914-6
Feels good...
914helo
Wow, very nice looking car pray.gif What kind of body kit is it?
Chris Julian
Hi, just saw the post. Thanks Felix, that was nice. I think everyone had a great time, err- at least the "boys". The wives seemed to get along as well, kinda funny, everyone shows up and within minutes the guys are in the garage and the women are left alone trying to figure out who is who. But seemed to work out fine in the end.

Somebody asked about the body- the body was originally a American International Racing (AIR) "Group 5" fiberglass fendered kit. Last I heard AIR was still alive so I'm guessing you can still purchase the Group 5 kit, although I made major modifications to the kit, so you aren't quite looking at the original kit. For starters, the rear fenders were sectioned 4" on both sides (If you ask me the car still looks too wide from the rear), I also sectioned the front spoiler by ~3" to make the car drivable on the street, and many other changes to the original "full race" style. All adding years to the project. If anyone wants more details just ask, I hope to start bringing it to local events within a couple of months.

Thanks, Chris
Hawktel
Hey Chris, that car is looking Damned good.

What did you do for the Transmission? Standard 90 box?

Thanks
skline
Damn, now my car is going to feel inadequate. I should not have looked at this post. Nice car Chris!!!
smrz914
Hey chris, nice car, but I would have to vote against the air filter you have on there. I've heard many times that they catch on fire during a backfire, and I would hate to see that happen to your car. Just thought I would pass the word along.
Brett W
Looks like a Hewland.
neo914-6
What did you do for the Transmission? Standard 90 box?

ZF from a Pantera. You can see part of it in the pic with the axle and exhaust.
neo914-6
everyone shows up and within minutes the guys are in the garage and the women are left alone trying to figure out who is who

confused24.gif
Woman: cooks food, raise children, makes you happy...
Man: provides food, shelter, and builds fast car... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.