Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: prepurchase inspection Modesto CA area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chrisz01
Need a pre purcahse inspection done on 74 914 in the Modesto, CA area any recomendations?
ConeDodger
You need to talk to Andyrew...
Andyrew
Whatcha got
chrisz01
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 9 2013, 06:25 PM) *

Whatcha got

74 914 1.8 silver color. looking for a solid body so I want an inspection that can go up on a lift and have the car evaluated focusing on rust and structural issues. Also major drive train issues. The car I looked at seems fine but want an experienced set of other eyes.
EdwardBlume
Um, modesto is 90 miles from the bay area. Take a cab.
Andyrew
Is it this one?

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/3573110616.html
chrisz01
Yes it is. Do you know the car? If so what your impression of it?

clz
Andyrew
Never seen it. Just looked at craigslist.

I might have time to look at it next weekend. Have you already looked at it? judging by your post, yes.

Contact the owner and see if he will drive it to central modesto. I have a lift and can look at it and take pictures for you and him.

Initial impressions looking at the pics and description is that he's asking the right amount for it given that its tax time. If it wasnt tax time I think he would probably sell it for 8k.
chrisz01
I have looked at it and spent about an hour and a half with the car. We have agreed on a price pending a very good reliable report on the car. I am not an expert on Porsches let alone a 914. I have done my homework via this site and others and understand the rust issues and the cost of what I want and what I want to do. I am retired and looking for a project. I know that buying what I want is cheaper than a project, but a project is fun and something done right is a something to be proud of. I currently own a 88 carrera I bought in 07 than just turned 6,000 mi at the PPI. Now 26,000 mi. One of best 88,s around that turns heads and gets attention at Porsche corral racing venues and PCA events. I just know what I want is a very solid chassis and good starting point that has the least amount of rust if any. Something I can drive and have fun with before I move forward with a project that I would be proud of owning. I am not in hurry but I will be picky. I am not rich or have endless pocket of money only a realistic view. If you can help giving me a honest and neutral point of view on the condition of the by car driving, putting on a lift, and through inspection while I am present I will make it worth your while purchase or not. The owner is cool with a PPI in the area. Week ends will work best.

clz

PM me for details

Kaduku
I was also interested in this car at one point. Briefly spoke to the owners few weeks ago. Though I haven't seen it in person, the interior looks awesome in the pics. Good luck, I hope you find the car you are looking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.