Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15x7 cookies on narrow body?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
Hi all,

I'm gathering up parts for a future 5-lug conversion. I'm considering a set of 15x7 cookie cutters, PN 911 361 023 (I think the offset is 23.3mm). Does anyone have experience using these on a narrow-body? (I tried the search feature, but didn't see anything on this particular wheel).

Did you have to roll or pull the rear fenders? What about the fronts rubbing at full lock? Tire size would probably be 205/65-15.

Thanks in advance!

Steve A-
Series9
Do it all the time. Some rear fenders require a little attention, but they'll go.
anderssj
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 10 2013, 12:36 PM) *

Do it all the time. Some rear fenders require a little attention, but they'll go.

Thanks Joe--'preciate it.

Now to check the bank account . . . . dry.gif
Woody
I have a set I'd be willing to part with. Pm if interested.
TomR
QUOTE(anderssj @ Feb 10 2013, 07:53 AM) *

Hi all,

I'm gathering up parts for a future 5-lug conversion. I'm considering a set of 15x7 cookie cutters, PN 911 361 023 (I think the offset is 23.3mm). Does anyone have experience using these on a narrow-body? (I tried the search feature, but didn't see anything on this particular wheel).

Did you have to roll or pull the rear fenders? What about the fronts rubbing at full lock? Tire size would probably be 205/65-15.

Thanks in advance!

Steve A-

I have 15x7 cookie cutters on my narrow body. They fit but just barely. I use 205x50-15 tires. Gives car a great look!
Woody
Steve, these are the pics you requested.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
brant
cars vary...
but I've had 3 different teeners that I converted to 5 bolt
the 7's didn't fit any of them with stock fenders

2 of them had to be massaged enough to require paint work

you are much safer going with 6inch wheels
they will fit guaranteed

they make a cookie (and a fuch) with the exact same offset in a 6x15

anderssj
Thanks for all the info . . .

Now I have some decisions to make, as I was hoping to do this w/o having to do a re-paint . . .

Thanks again!

Steve A-
lonewolfe
I'm getting ready to fit some of these as well! Do you have any pictures of these on your car Tom? I was thinking 205/50's like you've done. Would love to see pictures with this combo.

QUOTE(TomR @ Feb 10 2013, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(anderssj @ Feb 10 2013, 07:53 AM) *

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Steve A-

I have 15x7 cookie cutters on my narrow body. They fit but just barely. I use 205x50-15 tires. Gives car a great look!

SLITS
15 X 7 Cookies mounted with 185/65s. Very close on drivers' rear.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Hard right hand turns, slight marking on sidewall of drivers' side .. nothing to worry about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.