Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Vandals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krk
So this isn't the happiest of stories. I met a guy who was bringing me down a new fuel pump to replace the leaking one. He had to come down my way to go to a tile story. I popped over and while I was inside:
krk
nother
krk
nother 3
krk
nother 4
krk
last one (unless y'all love this stuff)

kim.
Qarl
Stupid Mother F-ers. finger.gif

Don't you wish had almight powers, and could catch the perps in the act! And then take sword and amputate one of their hands at the writst right then and there.

And then finally whisper in their ear.... that'll make you think about doing this next time!

I have demented thoughts like that sometimes when I see grafiti sprayed on a fence or building.

Some people got no respect!

Sorry for the crap you gotta go through to get that fixed. mad.gif

Nice 914... it looks like it has a 911 body kit on it.

Regards,
Jeffs9146
That sucks!!! I feel for you!

I had just got my 911 back from a full black paint job and some kid smashed a pack of gum down and smeared it all over the driver side door! It discolored the paint and was never the same!!

Some People Suck finger.gif !

Jeff
Lawrence
That absolutely makes my blood boil.
Gint
Son of a bitch....

Sorry Kim. I cannot believe the lack of respect people have for others and their property these days. But you can lock all your stuff up 24x7.
Damn.
boxstr
And I get ballistic when I see a new small scratch or whatever on my black boxster. Sorry to see, that almost as bad as seeing a full blown fender bender.
People just have no respect, your right mike.
CCLINPOLAND
krk
QUOTE(kellzey @ May 17 2003, 07:23 AM)
Stupid Mother F-ers. finger.gif

Don't you wish had almight powers, and could catch the perps in the act! And then take sword and amputate one of their hands at the writst right then and there.

And then finally whisper in their ear.... that'll make you think about doing this next time!

I have demented thoughts like that sometimes when I see grafiti sprayed on a fence or building.

Some people got no respect!

Sorry for the crap you gotta go through to get that fixed. mad.gif

Nice 914... it looks like it has a 911 body kit on it.

Regards,

Yeh, my first thoughts weren't 'gosh, there's someone who just needs a little guidance". Well, maybe a special kind of guidance.

But I'd never screw up a 914 with a goofy body kit like that one! But she's a decent 914 parts hauler! (the 914 content -- on the passenger seat is the 914 fuel pump. lol)

kim.
anthony
Kim, I'm so sorry that happened.

I wonder what goes through someone's mind when they decide to do thousands of dollars of damage to someone's car? Do they have so much misfortune in their life that they have to destroy someone else's good fortune?
Qarl
Literally, I'm looking at your pics again and I feel sick to my stomach... that really sucks.
KaptKaos
I am so sorry to see your car keyed.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house is too often forgotten in our society.

Instead of people being happy for those that have done well, they are jealous, viscious and cruel.

Its times like this that make you wish you had a samurai sword and the goon who did this was about 3 feet away!

Sorry to see it.- Joe
krk
QUOTE(kellzey @ May 17 2003, 07:50 AM)
Literally, I'm looking at your pics again and I feel sick to my stomach... that really sucks.

Yeh it does. The last pic, of the fender is the deepest groove. You can see bits of clear coat and paint, that were chipped out in the scrap, still hanging on the car. When I first arrived at the car there was perhaps 4 times that amount of chipped bits. (I drove about a mile to get home where the digicam was)

It really does suck. It's not that the paint on the car is perfect -- but this was definitely the good side.

But it's better than an accident. No bending/etc. Since it was vandalism, I reported it to the SJ police. You do it online at http://www.sjpd.org. (I mistyped it the first time as www.sfpd.org -- not quite the same....) Anyway, the have a car vandalism section, and of the 3 options, one is "key/scratching". I guess this happens enough to warrant it's own section. (dunno what to say about that....) Next we get to see if insurance is in love with me or not.

But thx for the good words folks. Takes my frustration level down a notch, so I probably won't whack a neighbor's kid today. Or kill a fuel pump challenged 914!

mueba.gif

Out to the driveway for todays therapy session!

mueba.gif

kim.
Qarl
Its times like this that make you wish you had a samurai sword and the goon who did this was about 3 feet away!

Okay, I'm not the only demended one! wacko.gif

Phew!
Drums66
"who knows what evil lurk's in the heart's of man"

sorry to see that man, it's happened to me also!
Lawrence
A fender bender is an accident.

This was deliberate by a little punk. And people wonder why I have a gun?
campbellcj
Dude that really sucks.

Somebody keyed my wife's new (to us) Land Cruiser a week ago too. It's not as bad as yours, but still plenty bad. mad.gif
Brad Roberts
Hum..

New paint job.

Who else do we know that has a decent 911/930 to park out there.. I'm sure we could get them to do it again and catch them.

How long where you inside ?? Did you see any kids snooping around ??

B
Bleyseng
Damn Kim, that sucks! I would park the car there again and try to catch em in the act with a baseball bat.
Geoff
krk
I'm guessing we were inside for 45min or so. No kids before or after. Parked in front of a house that was having work done. Not really much activity anywhere on the street actually. You end up standing in street staring at your car -- wtf? Yeh, I looked around. Kept my eye open as I drove home too -- I went more into the neighborhood because of the direction I was parked. Not a bad looking neighborhood. You'd not think parking there was a risk.

kim.
Lawrence
Who else do we know that has a decent 911/930 to park out there.. I'm sure we could get them to do it again and catch them.

I'll donate the ammo for the sniper rifle.
Jeff Krieger
I drove a Trans Am (I'm better now) in high-school and some low-life did the same to my car. It's frustrating as hell because there's nothing you can do about it.
Jeroen
D@mn! That hurts!

Lovely car though... I really like the early turbos (and you even still have the correct tail/rear spoiler!)

cheers,

Jeroen
Aaron Cox
"oh that'll buff right out" biggrin.gif if only that were true! stupid punks! i say "cap their lily @$$"!!!!!!!! send rusty out on your roof and hell pick em off one at a time biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
They're passing the conceal and carry law in the state. That kind of stuff makes me want to apply for a lic. Hell, LICENSE!! ar15.gif WE DON"T NEED NO STINKIN LICENSE!! fighting19.gif
djm914-6
QUOTE(kellzey @ May 17 2003, 08:07 AM)

Okay, I'm not the only demended one! wacko.gif

Phew!

I used to carry a Katana with me for awhile after I ran into a few punks who wanted to play games on the highway. I still think about making a sword rack for the 914/6. unsure.gif
krk
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 17 2003, 09:51 AM)
D@mn! That hurts!

Lovely car though... I really like the early turbos (and you even still have the correct tail/rear spoiler!)

cheers,

Jeroen

I love the early ones too. Much as I lust for the intercooler space that the tea tray spolier gives, the early tail is just plain cool. I got this puppy with 34K miles on her. And it had a soft life. (LA garage queen)

It's life has been a bit tougher wiith me, as I drive it. Weekly at first. Then I got rid of my one running 914 -- soon, she gets the garage back -- we're at 50K now (just last week -- celebrate! beer3.gif -- yeh, it's the weekend) and prior to yesterday, I would have said most of the abuse comes from me.

As it stands, you will not find an un-original bit on it. Outside of engine work, it is as delivered to LA. Including documentation and really bad stereo.

[ok, I also love certain colors of slantnose turbos -- but my toy budget needs to grow considerably more than it is now!]

kim.
Joe Bob
Major bummer....I feel sick......
krk
QUOTE(mikez @ May 17 2003, 03:23 PM)
Major bummer....I feel sick......

Appreciate it Mike. I'm dealing with it mostly by working on other crap. Today is bathroom reno/914-fuelpump day. Tomorrow will be more of the same (what ever is leftover). Monday is insurance/bodyshop/etc (If I can get to them all). Then we'll know what the real game is.

kim.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 17 2003, 07:26 AM)
That absolutely makes my blood boil.

Well put.

As a car enthusiast there's nothing that makes you feel more violated than someone purposely screwing with your car.

Sorry to see that happened Kim. You can rest assured in the fact that people who do that kind of stuff generally get caught and:

1. Get the crap totally beaten out of them
2. Get arrested and are scared half to death by the experience
3. Both

Let's hope for #3.

Chris H.
GWN7
That sucks.

People wonder why I keep a crossbow in my bedroom. Only 30 yds to the back gate. I figure if they climb over the 6' fence with smoothedge on top and set off the 3 sets of security lights they must want me to see if I can make a turkey out of them (put feathers in them) from the second floor window.

Sticker on my motor home door.

Yea, my neck is red.
Bleyseng
Kim, did you forget to pay one of the workers?? Construction types can have a mean sense of justice (I am one of them).
Geoff
krk
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 18 2003, 02:36 PM)
Kim, did you forget to pay one of the workers?? Construction types can have a mean sense of justice (I am one of them).
Geoff

Geoff,

1. I pay to play. To a fault. It's the right thing to do.

2. Tile Fantastic is a small corner tile place with just awesome displays. I've never dealt with them/etc -- in fact it's the first time I"ve been there in probably 2 1/2 years. But in this neck of the woods, I'd recommend them. Besides, the owner races with my P mechanic. biggrin.gif

3. The turbo has never been there in it's life.

4. Outside of pool work a couple of year back, I've had not contractors near the house, and no complaints.

5. If you key cars when your pissed at someone, you need to think again.

Dunno what else you need to know.

kim.
Bleyseng
My old boss was foolin around and pissed off his girlfriend on the side. He left his new Suburban parked in front of the office and went to a late meeting with his parner. Came back later that night to find his truck keyed with a diamond ring (he gave it to her) all kinds of swearing. Plus the storefront windows were also keyed with the ring. The ring was dropped in the mail slot so she dumped him!! We all got a kick out of that one.
Still sorry that your sweet 930 some fool keyed being a punk. Still think a baseball bat to his fingers would be nice!
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.