Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's going to the LAX Porsche Lit show March 2nd?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Looks like I'll be able to go with my schedule. Looked pretty cool, so thought I'd swing in.
Tom_T
agree.gif

... and folks going can make it a two-fer on Sunday 3/3 with the Porsche Swap Meet & car show (display only) at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim the next day. It's just across the Santa Ana River from Angel Stadium off of Ball Rd./Taft Avenue exit off the SR55 freeway.

A lot of local SoCal Porsche shops, dealers & businesses hold open houses over the weekend too.
Elliot Cannon
I've been going to this for years and will hope to make it again this year. Probably drive to LAX on Friday, stay at the Hilton, then make it down to Orange County for the Phoenix Club show, that seems to get better every year.
jim_hoyland
The Sunday show/swap meet/etc is one of the best. It's held at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. They have food, beer, etc; places for kids to play; and a large lawn to display your Porsche. A good selection of vendors support the show and some really cool swap meet parts appear..... smile.gif

There are at least two 914World members that are known to camp out the night before ..... smile.gif
Tom_T
Open house & 10% pick-up in store deal at Sierra Madre, also info on Lit & Swap, at this link fyi ....

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1096547...273/7dbc93509d/
oz371
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 11 2013, 11:04 AM) *

The Sunday show/swap meet/etc is one of the best. It's held at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. They have food, beer, etc; places for kids to play; and a large lawn to display your Porsche. A good selection of vendors support the show and some really cool swap meet parts appear..... smile.gif

There are at least two 914World members that are known to camp out the night before ..... smile.gif

Any more info for the swap? Entry fee, times?

Thanks!!
JoeSharp
$20 to display your car, I don't remember what walk in was. This will be my last one here.
peteyd
We'll be there too!

The swap meet is getting bigger and better every year. If you are selling stuff, people start linging up at 5:30
jim_hoyland
I'm going to do both this year. Bring sunscreen and a hat Sunday, the location of the swap meet is great, but it can take a toll on you.
MoveQik
What time do things get started on Sunday?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 12 2013, 07:42 AM) *

The gates for vistors opens at 8:00 or so. If you come early, there will be a long line of cars waiting to park in the display area, which cost $20 The free parking is outside and to the West of the Phoenix Club, but the line waiting to enter can make it difficult. Last year, they initiated free parking on the North side of Ball road and provided a shuttle.

The sellers and merchants get to enter much earlier. Hope you make it, it's worth the time and there are lots of cars on display. smile.gif

Here's a pic of the 3 amigos of 914World: Mark, Elliot, and Joe at the annual event

IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
Not sure about the swap meet yet, but I'll have a table at the lit show. Mailed the check today. The swap meet times are EARLY! Dunno if I can handle that, and it means I'll have to go through a TON of stuff to sort out what to bring.

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
I'll be at both...
MoveQik
Roadtrip! Ok, looks like I am in for Sunday. Getting into town on late afternoon on Saturday. See you guys there.
Black22
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 12 2013, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 12 2013, 07:42 AM) *

Here's a pic of the 3 amigos of 914World: Mark, Elliot, and Joe at the annual event

IPB Image

WTF.gif If these are the types of characters that frequent this event I'm staying home! lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Maybe I'll try and make it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.