Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removed gas tank & have questions.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kraftwerk
I removed my fuel tank as the description/instructions from earlier posts ( thanks guys!)
Took less than 15 min. actually very easy. 40 yr old lines look solid but will of course be replaced. Found no rust inside tank, just see some rusty debris which collected around the sock, very happy about that. Got a new sock to put on as well. Everything is actually in really good shape. Surprised how rust -ree this car is in general. When I removed the tank I notice two disconnected wires: 1 brown and 1 white/brown.

Wires can be seen on the drivers side. See them? what the heck are they for?

Stay tuned for S/S fuel line install.
toolguy
For the Master Cylinder warning switch
dfelz
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Feb 11 2013, 10:48 AM) *

When I removed the tank I notice two disconnected wires: 1 brown and 1 white/brown.

Wires can be seen on the drivers side. See them? what the heck are they for?

QUOTE(toolguy @ Feb 11 2013, 12:14 PM) *

For the Master Cylinder warning switch

I was wondering the same thing, any one have a picture with them plugged in? i would love to see where they actually go.

I also i have a question about the few rectangular foam pads the have all the crud on them in the tank bulkhead. I am assuming they are there to absorb vibrations so the tank isn't rattling in there, so i they are good to have. But anyone have a source or a viable replacement item for those??

Thanks!

Also cant wait to see your SS instal since i am a week or so away from doing that myself.
Kraftwerk
I better plug those wires back in! Wonder why they are not plugged in?
Wonder which of the two previous owners did that? Or was it left undone at the factory? Hmmm?

David, the two rubber wedge's hold the tank very well. For the rectangular pads you could maybe use sound deadening material like Dynamat.
The only corrosion on my tank is where those foam pads used to rest. I think that area (and the sail panels) should NOT be replaced with foam.
dfelz
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Feb 12 2013, 10:49 AM) *

I better plug those wires back in! Wonder why they are not plugged in?
Wonder which of the two previous owners did that? Or was it left undone at the factory? Hmmm?

David, the two rubber wedge's hold the tank very well. For the rectangular pads you could maybe use sound deadening material like Dynamat.
The only corrosion on my tank is where those foam pads used to rest. I think that area (and the sail panels) should NOT be replaced with foam.

What were you thinking of replacing them with instead of a foam product? Some type of rubber pad?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.