Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cabin Fever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kresdon999
Bored to death and unwilling to drive in the snow and salt-decided to take on a few winter projects. Installed a front sway bar- actually a fairly easy upgrade. Confidence building- added Turbo tie rods. Any thoughts on mono-ball inserts for a predominately street driven 74 2.0? Click to view attachment
rjames
I seem to be posting the same thing over and over latey....

It's suggested that you weld the sway bar plates in. Maybe you did, but it doesn't look that way in the pic. Nice upgrade. smile.gif

abnrdo
I have seen them done both ways. Anyone want to chime in? confused24.gif
kresdon999
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 12 2013, 11:26 AM) *

I seem to be posting the same thing over and over latey....

It's suggested that you weld the sway bar plates in. Maybe you did, but it doesn't look that way in the pic. Nice upgrade. smile.gif

any opinion on mono ball inserts for a street car? worth the hassle- or not?
Eric_Shea
I recommend welding the adapter plates as well. I also recommend against the mono balls on a street driven car.

Keep up the good work. smilie_pokal.gif
euro911
I still need to install the bar on my '75 and plan to weld them before tossing the tank back in.

I'm waiting to see if I can find a set of Engman's wheel well stiffener plates before digging in.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.