Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber 40 IDF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timothy_nd28
I purchased these back in 2001 after great frustration with my Ljet system. I installed these on my car, ran it for about 5 mins, then soon noticed a massive oil leak coming from under the car (one of my push rod tubes popped out). Turned the car off, then the next day a tree from my back yard fell and crushed my car. 10 years later with a new tub and a working Ljet system, it's time to part with these Webers.

I'm not sure what I have exactly. I can't tell if these are some Chinese knock off brand or are they from Italy? Directly under the fuel inlet, a stamp says "40 IDF 19 1B" on the other side it has a logo saying WEBER BREVETTATO, and to the right it says BOLOGNA. No where does it have a italy casting mark. I removed the top aircleaner half, to try to retrieve some numbers, but none seen. The bottom throttle plate has a number 76 stamped onto it.
Click to view attachment

There seems to have some sort of idle screw missing, circled in red

Click to view attachment

So what do you think these carbs, intakes and throttle linkage bundle is worth?
GeorgeRud
They certainly look like the Italian Webers (Bologna, Italy). Try checking on eBay and the classifieds to see what others have sold for. As with any used parts, they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Every once in a while it's worth cleaning out the garage!
mrbubblehead
Those are early Italian Webers. The cam roller accelerator pump makes them earlier models. the screw that is missing is the screw that holds the venturi in place. Its hard to tell from the photo but the manifolds look like shorties. If they are the shorties they are for a type 4 engine in a bug. So the deck lid will close.
timothy_nd28
Here's a closer look at the intake
Click to view attachment

I got confused when I saw the EW logo. I thought these were Empi/Weber carbs, and not the Italian version.
rhodyguy
the 76 will/should/might have a * (degree angle) behind it noting bevel in degrees of the throttle plate edges. the bevel functions as a relief so the plates can close tightly without the plate edges hitting the bores prematurely and not fully closing. much like the slight bevel that the doors of your house have.

your carbs are missing a few pieces on the ends of the throttle shafts. an exploded parts diagram should be here someplace and you can note the missing items. pm sent.

k
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif Early Italian Webers. At the base of the carb throats on my set is where they stamped the actual model info (40 IDF 70 or 40 IDF 71).

I *might* be interested in them, depending on price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.