Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.9 with Carbs Tune up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Well I just got a1975 1.8 with a big bore (96mm) kit, cam for carbs, and a single carb. The single carb will change at some point. But I just realized that all my past experience and manuals are for FI cars. So I am seeking suggestions on sheeting the timing, point, ect. The car runs ok now but it is slow to rev and feels sluggish. I am sure some of it is the carb but it acts a lot like the timing is off. Any suggestions would be helpful.
JoeSharp
No more than 32* full advance. I'd start a about 30*. That engine should work well with 2 40 singles.
Al Meredith
You must install a larger idle jet on the primary side to get it to rev up from idle. In the old days when you bought a new 32/36 there was a larger jet in the box for the TY4.
Mblizzard
After doing inspection it seems like the dual 40s will be a bit further down the road than I had hoped. But the info on the jets seems spot on as it seems to have trouble at idle and revving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.