Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i dont get it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VRROOMM1
i dont get it, confused24.gif confused24.gif a coworker turned in to my car. it was parked wright next ot him he had to walk by it to get in to his truck. truck white 914 black ,how can you miss that he caved in my left fron fender and turn lens. i just dont get it dont thay see our cars? are thay that small? confused24.gif
JawjaPorsche
It is bad enough to hit your prized teener but even worse to not acknowledge you hit it. Are there cameras in your parking lot?
rick 918-S
Yep, they are that small when your in an SUV or truck. I had mine backed into in my driveway. It was below the sight of the mirrors. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
VRROOMM1
he came and got me told me he hit it. we have a body shop thay are goning to fix it. i mite even have them put some of that shiny black stuff on it(real paint)
Tom_T
Sometimes it pays to park in the "back 40" & be an a$$ & take up 2-3 spaces there for good measure! dry.gif

Yes they're hard to see & low - as Rick points out - but what does that say about driver inattentiveness & being in too much of a hurry!!?? confused24.gif

...what if it were a kid on foot or a bike just as low?? ...death or serious injury!! sad.gif

When I learned to drive, they taught us to not only check mirrors, but to also use that swivel function on one's neck & actually turn around & LOOK in your blind spots!

Anyone can make mistake or miss something, it's just hard on a classic vehicle where parts are scarce.
VRROOMM1
pix
KaptKaos
Looks like what my across-the-street neighbor's overly medicated friend did to mine. Sorry to see it (again).
JawjaPorsche
Looks like you can get a new bumper top too.

914Rubber sells them:

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Early-pre-75...nal-914EFBT.htm

Also Auto Atlanta

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Front-B...1450302310.html

Don't forget pain and suffering! biggrin.gif
02loftsmoor
I've had small cars and motor cycles, they seem to be a magnet for hits. on my MC i pretened that i was invisible, it kepted me alive, I think the same way with my small car,, I noticed no one tries to cut me of or what ever with my suburban idea.gif
Eric_Shea
Looks like a blessing in disguise. New rubber. New paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.