Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Aftermarket steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThePaintedMan
Hello all,
Just had a really good Ebay auction and sold enough that I think I can check another thing off my list of things to purchase. Looking for a later style steering wheel, smaller than the stock diameter. Don't want a total piece of crap, but if it can be recovered, that would work. I also am not looking for something that's concours quality - its going in a racecar. Needs to fit a 1973 or later steering column. Also need the hub.

Thanks!

-George
Krieger
I have one. I think it may be a grant. It has a hub and a Porsche horn button. It is all in good shape. Not leather, but is black, round maybe 14 inches. I am not home but I could take a picture tomorrow. It came off a 75. I'd sell it for 50 plus shipping.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 12 2013, 10:21 PM) *

I have one. I think it may be a grant. It has a hub and a Porsche horn button. It is all in good shape. Not leather, but is black, round maybe 14 inches. I am not home but I could take a picture tomorrow. It came off a 75. I'd sell it for 50 plus shipping.

That sounds like something up my alley. Will await pictures!
mr914
George,

I have this one for $60 plus shipping. Hub, wheel and button.

It is smaller that stock. About 15 inches

PM if interested
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(mr914 @ Feb 13 2013, 10:12 AM) *

George,

I have this one for $60 plus shipping. Hub, wheel and button.

It is smaller that stock. About 15 inches

PM if interested

Boy, that looks very nice as well. I'm going to see what pictures Krieger posts tonight and I'll get back to you. Its nice having options to choose from, thanks guys.
Al Meredith
Click to view attachmentGeorge, I have a 14" red leather covered wheel for a 914. It says Fitipaldi and personal E26835 on the spoke and made in Italy on thr back. has Porsche crest on the horn ring. $75 and I'll pay the freight from Atlanta.
Krieger
The wheel says Formuling on the horn button. It is 12 3/4" diameter. The hub is a tad under 4".
Krieger
Ahh, upside down cell picture.. Now you have three to choose from.
dcecc1968
I have a 12-inch Formuling wheel (foam rubber) with a late model hub (off my '74) and a porche crest horn button... I can post photos tonight if you have not made a decision by then, $70 plus shipping from NC.
-Don
ThePaintedMan
These are all really nice guys. Its hard to pick just one and I appreciate everyone's help. I believe I'm going with Krieger's Formuling wheel. PM on its way.

-George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.